Martin to start at RT

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It looks to me like Knight and Biadasz aren't 100 % yet, even with the bye week.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I like this move simply because I want to see what McGovern can do. We have seen Steele, and although he is just a rookie, I just don't think his talent level rises to that of a future solid swing tackle, let alone an effective future starter.
On the other hand, IMO, McGovern has the tools to be an effective future starter. Let's get him his reps now, so when we are ready to make a run in '21, we know what we have, and, perhaps, he can push Williams to the bench.

blueblood70

Reaction score
WHERE is Knight??

Thought he was a 2-4 week thing. Havent as much as heard his name.
just moved off IR will be working his way back in ..

I doubt the martin move is permemnent.Knight will go to RT martin back inide most likely Biadasz back at C when hes ready to go..
i imagine if this group plays great and we wget W today maybe it stays however i could see next week

Cam-Cill-Biadasz-Martin-Knight.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Looks like McGovern.

I doubt the martin move is permemnent.Knight will go to RT, martin back inside most likely Biadasz back at C when hes ready to go..
i imagine if this group plays great and we get W today maybe it stays for another week,

however i could see next week

Cam-Cwill-Biadasz-Martin-Knight.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Think they didn't consider making that move earlier? McC once started 5 OG's on his OL and won a playoff game. He spent a lot of his time patchworking GB's OL when he was there as it was seldom the same group over the 13 years.

I make two assumptions about these "who should be starting" ideas. One, the coaching staff knows more than I do because they have more inside information than I do and I am not an expert on OL's. Two, they know more than the posters on this web site because I am not aware of any NFL OLC's posting here.

When I think something is obvious, as I did moving Martin out to RT, I also assume there is something not obvious about that. And this may not be something they want to do or they've been waiting for reasons unknown to us.

I am making one more assumption. Since the OL injuries are second only to the QB, I do assume they're spending a great deal of time addressing this challenge.

Stop jumping to conclusions that they don't know what their doing because they're not sharing everything with us. This OL is a jigsaw puzzle with missing pieces.

fivetwos

Reaction score
just moved off IR will be working his way back in ..

I doubt the martin move is permemnent.Knight will go to RT martin back inide most likely Biadasz back at C when hes ready to go..
i imagine if this group plays great and we wget W today maybe it stays however i could see next week

Cam-Cill-Biadasz-Martin-Knight.
I like McGovern in the lineup. I think he has done ok. The team needs a return on investment there also.

For a team that wants to build pretty much only through the draft, 3rd round picks need to play and contribute.

When the backups get healthy lol, I'd go with...

Knight--Williams--Biadasz--McG--Martin.

I'd personally rather play Looney than CW, but theres zero shot of that happening. Neither has a future here tho.

Loso86

Reaction score
I was listening to some of the Cowboys podcasts most were saying they would trade down instead of picking Sewell. Tom Downey actually said that it makes no since to draft a guard in the top 5. Even if you think Tyron and Collins return 100% healthy you can not pass on a generational prospect. These talking heads are idiotic if they believe you pass on this monster that will improve your team all around and help Zeke return to glory.
So would we leave the best D player on the board at a cpl positions for oline...again. last few times Aaron Donald couldve been a Cowboy

RS12

Reaction score
Instead of trying to save a lost season (backdooring into the playoffs and losing in the first round is still a lost season) they should be figuring out who can play and who can't going forward.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Outside of missing Smith, it is about on par with most of the league. You can't sustain a superstar line like we tried to do with the way Dallas manages the cap.
I disagree. Sewell would make this offense more effective then when Frederick was here. We literally would have no weak links until Tyron hurts his back again.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody has mentioned this, but we actually have pretty impressive depth on our OL... We're still fielding a serviceable OL even after the insane amount of injuries.

This is true. Show me another team that could field an OL any better than this with losing both your OTs and your C.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I disagree. Sewell would make this offense more effective then when Frederick was here. We literally would have no weak links until Tyron hurts his back again.

We really don't have any weak links now though.

I wonder if the league would let you invest picks for when we may actually need talent in the future?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I was listening to some of the Cowboys podcasts most were saying they would trade down instead of picking Sewell. Tom Downey actually said that it makes no since to draft a guard in the top 5. Even if you think Tyron and Collins return 100% healthy you can not pass on a generational prospect. These talking heads are idiotic if they believe you pass on this monster that will improve your team all around and help Zeke return to glory.
Nope no way i know hes hard to pass up but time to focus on generational talent on defense, trade down get more picks inline with their draft ratings and get that defense corrected.

far and away too much money on that side of the ball, trades for Cooper then pay him 21mil, grab lamb over defense and we have addressed the OL weve drafted McGovern, Biadasz , and brought in knight , Steele, and Ervin..with LC and Smith coming back we do not need to go Offensive line ..

no way sorry i realize the guy is great but we are hemorrhaging on defense the FA all were busts and already had replaced like 12 defenders last year now more contract's up this year,

its about Defense for 21... our offense will all come back healthy and ready to go right out of the gate, the OL that got experience this season are now great insurance for swing players spot starting..

defense defense defense..
unless we get the #1 ick and take Lawrence , im sliding down and grabbing all the best defenders on the board at our picks..

we wont need our offense to score 35 a game if the fix the defense..