Marvin Lewis and Reporter Spar

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
LeonDixson;2503022 said:
I'd add Norv Turner to that list. The man just keeps getting jobs in spite of his failures.

Yeah, he is even worse than the two I just mentioned.

But according to the Dallas Media, you can't count his stint in Washington and Oakland :).

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
There is a revolt against the aggressive/psuedo/antagonistic journalists.

A few years with the Pete Rose incident.
Recently with TO.
Now a head coach.

We are living in a time where things will change re: reporters and athletes and coaches etc.

I knew this time would come.... we are living it.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2502912 said:
LOL.

Good one Wade.

Now every reporter around the country wants to be famous.
:lmao2:

Thats :lmao2: coming from you...you ARE the one w/ an internet radio show.

Who wants to be famous?

Kilyin

Reaction score
DTK;2502981 said:
Heck, if he was so good why is MIKE ZIMMER there as the DC?

I don't disagree that Lewis is a horrible coach.... but your logic is a little flawed. If Wade is so good, why is Brian Stewart here as the DC?

DTK

Reaction score
Kilyin;2503406 said:
I don't disagree that Lewis is a horrible coach.... but your logic is a little flawed. If Wade is so good, why is Brian Stewart here as the DC?
Stewart has worked under Wade in the past and they coach the same defense.

Zimmer and Marvin Lewis have never worked together before this year. Plus, is Zimmer a 34 or 43 coach? They still don't know in Cincy what type of defense they want to run.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas;2503279 said:
Thats :lmao2: coming from you...you ARE the one w/ an internet radio show.

Who wants to be famous?

LOL. You figured me out. My blog and my show are done because I want to be famous. LOL.

It's not because I love the Dallas Cowboys and want to provide more for the fans. That's why I am in all the videos I post, lol. That's why I am all over Youtube with face out there so everyone sees me, lol.

You and your buddy have somehow grown a fetish for me. You didn't even post in this thread about the topic at hand. If I hadn't posted in here you would not have even bothered to post in this thread. Please put me on ignore or something because it's getting a little weird.

Kilyin

Reaction score
DTK;2503414 said:
Stewart has worked under Wade in the past and they coach the same defense.

Zimmer and Marvin Lewis have never worked together before this year. Plus, is Zimmer a 34 or 43 coach? They still don't know in Cincy what type of defense they want to run.

Zimmer is a 4-3 coach for sure. He only coached Parcells 3-4 for one season...

I know Wade worked with Stewart before. That doesn't change the fact that Stew and Zimmer are both what I'd categorize as 'undesirables' from the perspective of wanting them coaching your defense.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
YoMick;2503278 said:
There is a revolt against the aggressive/psuedo/antagonistic journalists.

A few years with the Pete Rose incident.
Recently with TO.
Now a head coach.

We are living in a time where things will change re: reporters and athletes and coaches etc.

I knew this time would come.... we are living it.

I hope so. But it should not stop there. The way the NFL hall of shame voting is done without them being held accountable needs to change. They want to talk the talk well let them walk the walk by getting rid of the secret ballot cowardly crap.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
This response has nothing to do with what happen, but. At some point the Bengals have to get rid of Marvin Lewis. He just isn't cutting it and I think that was clear long ago when those weren't Bengal stripes on their helmets, but jail bars.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
adbutcher;2503453 said:
I hope so. But it should not stop there. The way the NFL hall of shame voting is done without them being held accountable needs to change. They want to talk the talk well let them walk the walk by getting rid of the secret ballot cowardly crap.

Yes. I believe so. I think we living in a historical moment. The media/celebrity lines will be drawn.

I totally agree with the HOF nonsense that you mentioned.

Just because things have always been the way they were... doesnt always mean this will stay the way they are. ;)

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
YoMick;2503577 said:
Yes. I believe so. I think we living in a historical moment. The media/celebrity lines will be drawn.

I totally agree with the HOF nonsense that you mentioned.

Just because things have always been the way they were... doesnt always mean this will stay the way they are. ;)

This is true on so many levels.