Marvin Lewis and Reporter Spar

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Lewis spars with reporter

Enquirer staff report • December 17, 2008

At his news conference today, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis took exception to a line of questioning from Enquirer reporter Dustin Dow.

Dow: If you guys finish this out winning three in a row, or even two of three, how much will it show that improvement has been made, versus covering up improvements that still need to be made?

Lewis:
"Oh, I don't think it covers anything up that we feel interiorly, and that's the only thing that matters. Dustin, all your angles and so forth, I'm going to ask other people questions because I really don't like the angles you take in here each and every week."

Dow:
What's wrong with that?

Lewis: "I just think it's disrespectful for what we're doing. I really do. So I'll tend to answer the other guys' questions. Anything else?"

Dow: People who that is important to are the fans who are reading.

Lewis: "What we're trying to do is win football games. Maybe you should answer for them, because you seem to do that, anyway."

Dow: I don't know the answers. That's why I'm asking you.

Lewis: "I'm not going to get into a debate with you. All right?"

Dow: (inaudible)

Lewis: "I just told you I'm not going to answer your questions any more. All right? They might have to send somebody else over to do your job. All right?"

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
This highlights the arrogance of reporters. They hide behind "people want to know" , when in fact, they are trying to make a name for themselves or trying to show off for their peers.

They have no desire to report the news, they want to make the news.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bach;2502887 said:
I eagerly await Bengal Chris' youtube video.
First there would have to be some mention of this on the news instead of a just a blurb. There needs to be all kinds of hysteria.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Hostile;2502899 said:
First there would have to be some mention of this on the news instead of a just a blurb. There needs to be all kinds of hysteria.

Which there won't be, because it's not BSPN, and it's not Terrell Owens.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
casmith07;2502902 said:
Which there won't be, because it's not BSPN, and it's not Terrell Owens.
Or the Cowboys.

Those three factors escape some people.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2502894 said:
This highlights the arrogance of reporters. They hide behind "people want to know" , when in fact, they are trying to make a name for themselves or trying to show off for their peers.

They have no desire to report the news, they want to make the news.

LOL.

Good one Wade.

Now every reporter around the country wants to be famous.
:lmao2:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2502883 said:
Lewis spars with reporter

Enquirer staff report • December 17, 2008

At his news conference today, Bengals coach Marvin Lewis took exception to a line of questioning from Enquirer reporter Dustin Dow.

Dow: If you guys finish this out winning three in a row, or even two of three, how much will it show that improvement has been made, versus covering up improvements that still need to be made?

Lewis: "Oh, I don't think it covers anything up that we feel interiorly, and that's the only thing that matters. Dustin, all your angles and so forth, I'm going to ask other people questions because I really don't like the angles you take in here each and every week."

Dow: What's wrong with that?

Lewis: "I just think it's disrespectful for what we're doing. I really do. So I'll tend to answer the other guys' questions. Anything else?"

Dow: People who that is important to are the fans who are reading.

Lewis: "What we're trying to do is win football games. Maybe you should answer for them, because you seem to do that, anyway."

Dow: I don't know the answers. That's why I'm asking you.

Lewis: "I'm not going to get into a debate with you. All right?"

Dow: (inaudible)

Lewis: "I just told you I'm not going to answer your questions any more. All right? They might have to send somebody else over to do your job. All right?"

I saw this today and I think Lewis is done in Cincy.

Why would he even want to stay there?

Their owner stink and the players do whatever they want.

It's a no win situation for any HC.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2502912 said:
LOL.

Good one Wade.

Now every reporter around the country wants to be famous.

Keep pimping one of the most disgusting professions in America, blogboy.

I get the feeling that you about the same amount of integrity as they do.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2502923 said:
Keep pimping one of the most disgusting professions in America, blogboy.

I get the feeling that you about the same amount of integrity as they do.

Pimp? lol.

Mosley and Werder are two of my finest...

erich1r

Reaction score
take him as our DC he's better than stewart. I'm better than stewart !!!!

DTK

Reaction score
Living in Cincy I'll add my .02.

1. Lewis is safe in Cincy. It would cost the Bengals too much to fire him and hire another coach. That's how cheap they are.
  2. They SHOULD fire him. The guy is a horrible coach. He has no fire and shows a serious lack of discipline. Plus his game management skills are horrible.
  3. He got his name as the DC in Baltimore. He owes everything he's got to Ray Lewis and Co. He's not a great coordinator. Heck, if he was so good why is MIKE ZIMMER there as the DC?

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
DTK;2502981 said:
Living in Cincy I'll add my .02.

1. Lewis is safe in Cincy. It would cost the Bengals too much to fire him and hire another coach. That's how cheap they are.
  2. They SHOULD fire him. The guy is a horrible coach. He has no fire and shows a serious lack of discipline. Plus his game management skills are horrible.
  3. He got his name as the DC in Baltimore. He owes everything he's got to Ray Lewis and Co. He's not a great coordinator. Heck, if he was so good why is MIKE ZIMMER there as the DC?

:hammer:

The guy was brought in to fix the defense and not only has his defenses been pretty bad, his teams overall have been medicore. If Cincinatti is comfortable with a coach that has only had 1 season over .500 in 6 years, they should keep him around.

He is overrated just like Herm Edwards.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2503008 said:
:hammer:

The guy was brought in to fix the defense and not only has his defenses been pretty bad, his teams overall have been medicore. If Cincinatti is comfortable with a coach that has only had 1 season over .500 in 6 years, they should keep him around.

He is overrated just like Herm Edwards.

I'd add Norv Turner to that list. The man just keeps getting jobs in spite of his failures.