Massive Confusion: Parcells and Oline

goshan

Reaction score
I like Bill. But lets face it, OLineman confuse him. He waffles all over the place.
His draft picks haven't worked out very well.

He didn't know where to put Andre.

He is super high on someone one year, the next year the guy is gone. Even over a 6 week period, his opinion changes radically.

This is the sure sign of someone who doesn't have something figured out.

Bill can't figure out which olineman are going to be any good. Its that simple.

It wouldn't surprise me if Proctor and McQuistan are gone next year. Or even Columbo.

Don't tell me what a great job Bill has done with the three guys above (Columbo, Proctor, McQ). They have done nothing yet.

Bill was raving about Petitti more last camp than any of the guys above. This year he is wacked.

Bill knows NFL football, but he doesn't know oline.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I wouldn't say BP was ever "super high" on Petitti (if that's who you were referring to).

He just didn't have any other choice last year. It was Petitti or Tucker. Not ideal choices.

goshan

Reaction score
Don't agree Rack.
If I have time to dig up quotes I will but he said the same stuff about Petitti last year that he has said about McQ and Proctor this year.

HTownCowboysFan

Reaction score
goshan said:
Don't agree Rack.
If I have time to dig up quotes I will but he said the same stuff about Petitti last year that he has said about McQ and Proctor this year.

What he says publicly and what's really going on is two different things.

fortdick

Reaction score
Rack said:
I wouldn't say BP was ever "super high" on Petitti (if that's who you were referring to).

He just didn't have any other choice last year. It was Petitti or Tucker. Not ideal choices.

"I will die before I let you fail!"

When are the services?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
goshan said:
Don't agree Rack.

Go ahead and dig them up. I think maybe you just misinterpreted what BP said about him.

He once said "I expect him to be an impact player for us this year".

^^^Know what player BP was referring to when he said that?

Delaroy Stewart, who was cut about 2-3 weeks later.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
goshan said:
I like Bill. But lets face it, OLineman confuse him. He waffles all over the place.
His draft picks haven't worked out very well.

He didn't know where to put Andre.

He is super high on someone one year, the next year the guy is gone. Even over a 6 week period, his opinion changes radically.

This is the sure sign of someone who doesn't have something figured out.

Bill can't figure out which olineman are going to be any good. Its that simple.

It wouldn't surprise me if Proctor and McQuistan are gone next year. Or even Columbo.

Don't tell me what a great job Bill has done with the three guys above (Columbo, Proctor, McQ). They have done nothing yet.

Bill was raving about Petitti more last camp than any of the guys above. This year he is wacked.

Bill knows NFL football, but he doesn't know oline.

i give bp full props for D, but he just seems to not care and not really put the same level of attention to it as he does his "pet" positions. these being, DT/DE, and pass rushing LB's. draft a return man every year an d you've got the bulk of his strategy. OL's *do* seem to bewilder him.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
he's not one to kick a guy who is down. he's also always playing a chess-game in regard to trades.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Rack said:
Go ahead and dig them up. I think maybe you just misinterpreted what BP said about him.

He once said "I expect him to be an impact player for us this year".

^^^Know what player BP was referring to when he said that?

Delaroy Stewart, who was cut about 2-3 weeks later.

didn't parcells say "i will die before i let you fail"?? if he ever put confidence in me i'd get sick at this rate.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
fortdick said:

When are the services?

Parcells likely told him that to inspire him a bit. Give him some confidence. He was our only option last year so BP had to do something to get the most out of him he possibly could.

Personally, I think BP did get the most out of him. Think about that for a few minutes.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
fortdick said:

When are the services?
That doesn't exactly mean he thinks "super high" of his abilities.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Rack said:
Parcells likely told him that to inspire him a bit. Give him some confidence. He was our only option last year so BP had to do something to get the most out of him he possibly could.

Personally, I think BP did get the most out of him. Think about that for a few minutes.

our coach doesn't need to be a drama-queen cheerleader.

fortdick

Reaction score
Rack said:

How are the Giants looking this year?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
iceberg said:
didn't parcells say "i will die before i let you fail"?? if he ever put confidence in me i'd get sick at this rate.

Exactly. Seems the players BP talks good about are the ones who get cut and the ones he talks "not so good" about are our best players.

He was talking great about Newman a couple of weeks ago. I'm starting to get worried.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
iceberg said:
our coach doesn't need to be a drama-queen cheerleader.

How is that being a cheerleader? How is using words to improve someone's play being a cheerleader?

The only one being a drama-queen here is you. Seriously, hasn't a coach ever gave you words of encouragement? Told you something that made you work that much harder?

How are the Giants looking this year?

Don't know, I'm not a baseball fan.

X-Dawg

Benched
Reaction score
I said this two years ago - Parcells is LOST when it comes to the OL Parcells is LOST without George Young picking the players....
Yes he was high on Pettitti b/c he was a "Jersey guy" which in itself was asinine...
The OL is a mess ...9 million handed to Marco Rivera... 9 mill!! :mad: Proctor is better than Kozier! who we gave 15 mill to!!!:bang2:

The Realist

Reaction score
iceberg said:

He's said that to Gurode and Petiti so far.

Why would anyone say that unless he thought there was a chance you might fail?

Notice he never said it to Roy, Newman, Witten, Ware, Spears, Canty..............

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Rack said:
How is that being a cheerleader? How is using words to improve someone's play being a cheerleader?

The only one being a drama-queen here is you. Seriously, hasn't a coach ever gave you words of encouragement? Told you something that made you work that much harder?

"i will die before i let you fail" doesn't ring "drama" to you? words of encouragement are one thing and sure - a good thing. but that's a line out of a cheesy grade B movie, not "words of encouragement".