Massive need at Wide Receiver

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hendershot and Ferguson can catch. They can handle the tight end job. Cooks helps, but unless Gallup magically reverts to pre-injury form, it’s a weakness that doesn’t need to be
and this translates into MASSIVE NEED....

um...
no.

lk8701

Reaction score
Hendershot and Ferguson can catch. They can handle the tight end job. Cooks helps, but unless Gallup magically reverts to pre-injury form, it’s a weakness that doesn’t need to be
That's actually a pragmatic expectation.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The boys are clearly gambling that Gallup will be all the way back this season.

It is a gamble but a reasonable one.

Basically in line with what they have been doing this offseason.

They are going farther then they have in some years; but doing it with trades more than FA.

OBVIOUSLY they think they are close and do not need to take real big risks.
If Gallup doesnt play well this season, it will have zero to do with his knee.

Jarntt

Reaction score
We still have massive need at WR. The best thing we can do is try to trade into the top 15 to get JSN
Oh FFS

If we trade into the top 15 to take a WR it would be one of the most bizarre things I could imagine this team doing

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Need a playmaker. Someone who does it weekly not just once in a blue.
We’re going to have to find that in the draft because no one’s going to move on from the type of receiver you’re describing.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
We still have massive need at WR. The best thing we can do is try to trade into the top 15 to get JSN
Have you looked at what this would cost? Just moving up from #26 to #15 would cost Dallas first round pick, second round pick, and fifth round pick according to the draft value chart. That strikes me as being an exceptionally bad idea.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Did you just thaw out from being frozen in ice?.
Moving up to 15 would cost us our 1st, 2nd and 4th this year.

There’s math to this.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If a Lamb type WR fell in your lap, then you take a real long look at the pick, but do not trade up for one (unless your planning on trading lamb for it...which it better be cant miss then). this would be a shrewd move that better work as he better be your #1 like now, if it works your a genius because you dont have to pay lamb next year.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Gallup is much better than those scrubs you just said were fine at te. Te far bigger need than wr
And will be much better after more than a full year of recovery
Lamb, Cook, Gallup
where is this massive hole the OP speaks of....pure lunacy

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
dallas doesnt really have a need i’d say outside of DT. WR is already better than last year. Gallup although i don’t think he was himself last year, he will be better this year. Cook will take pressure off of him. Lamb is a true 1 so we good.

drafting BPA is the best thing. but i think we go Oline first round.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Were they near the bottom in catch %? The biggest thing I thought they needed to fix was yards after the catch and that can be addressed by calling different routes than 4 curl's across the board. They seemed o do a better job moving CD around and hitting him on some crossing routes. Things like that need to continue but it can't just be CD. If they can scheme up some ways to get the faster receivers involved on some of these crssing routes or pick plays etc then maybe they can do some damage after the catch. Isn't that what Mike will try to do? Get the ball out quick and let the player run.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
And will be much better after more than a full year of recovery
Lamb, Cook, Gallup
where is this massive hole the OP speaks of....pure lunacy
I agree like i said that move would involve dealing Lamb for it and it better pay off, BUT if the WR came in and was the #1 right off...you look like a genius for re upping your #1 wr on a rookie deal without paying Lamb...VERY LOW ODDS though