Mathew Postins Grading The NFC East Drafts

Cowboyny

Reaction score
The Giants drafted 3 OL last year. A 1st, 3rd, and 5th rounder last year. Solder is returning this year.

Giants’ best play last year was pocket breaking down and Danny Dimes scrambling.

A talent like Saturn Barkley doesn’t need OL. :)

Strange things seem to follow Garrett around.
He certainly does

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I don't got a lotta that fancy learning but "This doesn’t feel like that good a draft right now." seems pretty straightforward.

Thats what they wrote

"This doesn’t feel like that good a draft right now. But, if the draft really does produce seven starters down the line, then it will look a lot better two or three years from now."

They never said it wasnt a good draft. Dont missquote.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Thats what they wrote

"This doesn’t feel like that good a draft right now. But, if the draft really does produce seven starters down the line, then it will look a lot better two or three years from now."

They never said it wasnt a good draft. Dont missquote.
I didn't misquote...i said exactly what they wrote. They said that it may be good several years from now but right now it doesn't look so good. I don't understand what you're trying to argue here.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I’m mostly kidding man. D Smith is a good player. Now would drafting him have been a turning point for the Giants? That’s debatable. They got a really good player at 20.

i was thinking about that yesterday, how good does the other 1st need to be to trade Smith for Toney? I’d rather have Smith than 2 toneys. Maybe Toney and a comparable... DE? That’s tough

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
i was thinking about that yesterday, how good does the other 1st need to be to trade Smith for Toney? I’d rather have Smith than 2 toneys. Maybe Toney and a comparable... DE? That’s tough
Well, it’ll depend on how they do in the NFL. Obviously, if Toney is a lot better than Smith, NY will be way better off with their trade. The added first will just be adding value on to an already winning situation.

On the other hand, if Smith is really good and Toney sucks, then they probably lost just about no matter what happens next year.

And then there are all kinds of levels in between those two extremes.

Like most draft debates, only time will really tell.

Toney will make some splash plays for sure but Smith should be more consistent. Speaking for myself, in the Giants shoes, I probably would take Toney and the first next year. I wouldn’t have felt that way if NY hadn’t gotten Golliday, but with him adding Toney and the first isn’t bad at all.

For Philly though, I think I’d want Smith because they have little at WR and Toney would just be a better Reagor and that’s not what you guys need. Plus, y’all already have extra picks next year.

So really, I kind of think both teams made out ok… but ultimately it will depend on the play of Smith and Toney.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Interesting because NFL Draft Bible assigns Current Value and Future Value to each pick, and thats the centerpiece of the article

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/.amp...r-nfl-draft-classes?__twitter_impression=true

LB Micah Parsons (No. 12) – 8.3/9.5 – CV Average Starter/PV All Pro
CB Kelvin Joseph (No. 44) – 7.2/8.6 – CV Backup/PV Solid Starter
DL Osa Odighizuwa (No. 75) – 7.6/8.8 – CV Solid Backup/PV Solid Starter
DE Chauncey Golston (No. 84) – 6.6/7.6 – CV Solid Backup/PV Solid Backup
CB Nahshon Wright (No. 99) – 6.8/7.9 – CV Bottom of Roster/PV Average Starter
LB Jabril Cox (No. 115) – 7.5/8.5 – CV Solid Backup/PV Solid Starter
OL Josh Ball (No. 138) – 6.4/7.5 – CV Developmental/PV Solid Backup
WR Simi Fehoko (No. 179) – 6.6/7.8 – CV Bottom of Roster/PV Solid Backup
NT Quinton Bohanna (No. 192) – 6.5/7.5 – CV Bottom of Roster/PV Solid Backup
CB Israel Mukuamu (No. 227) – 6.9/7.9 – CV Bottom of Roster/PV Average Starter
OG Matt Farniok (No. 238) – No rating

If they're right about all the legitimate starters, this draft is a homerun.

Wazzup with rating these guys rocketing from Bottom of Roster to Average Starters?

Huh. Mukuamu sounds like a swing at a FS conversion. Nahshon, a guy who needs a year or two in the weight room.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
It's just wasted reading material. It has no bearing on who will be starting next year, or who will be good.

Having said that I love our first round pick, and thought the rest of our draft was average. Not impressed with Philly, or Washington. I think Giants did okay. What worries me is a deep draft class next year, and the Eagles holding 3 first-round picks if Wentz doesn't get hit by a bus.
Wentz doesn't have to get hit by a bus....he'll get hurt tying his shoes...:)

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tbh I think there rankings are a bit generous. I think it more as they are giving their ceiling
Yes.
It almost seems as though they are confusing All-Pro with Pro Bowl (gigantic difference), which would be pretty sad given they are selling themselves are football gurus.

Saying the Giants have THREE future all All-Pros in one draft class. Man, if that happens, that's one of the NFLs best classes in a decade.

DFWJC

Reaction score
LB Micah Parsons (No. 12) – 8.3/9.5 – CV Average Starter/PV All Pro
CB Kelvin Joseph (No. 44) – 7.2/8.6 – CV Backup/PV Solid Starter
DL Osa Odighizuwa (No. 75) – 7.6/8.8 – CV Solid Backup/PV Solid Starter
DE Chauncey Golston (No. 84) – 6.6/7.6 – CV Solid Backup/PV Solid Backup
LB Jabril Cox (No. 115) – 7.5/8.5 – CV Solid Backup/PV Solid Starter
OL Josh Ball (No. 138) – 6.4/7.5 – CV Developmental/PV Solid Backup
WR Simi Fehoko (No. 179) – 6.6/7.8 – CV Bottom of Roster/PV Solid Backup
NT Quinton Bohanna (No. 192) – 6.5/7.5 – CV Bottom of Roster/PV Solid Backup
OG Matt Farniok (No. 238) – No rating

If they're right about all the legitimate starters, this draft is a homerun.

Wazzup with rating these guys rocketing from Bottom of Roster to Average Starters?

Huh. Mukuamu sounds like a swing at a FS conversion. Nahshon, a guy who needs a year or two in the weight room.
It's borderline lunacy.
But whatever.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I didn't misquote...i said exactly what they wrote. They said that it may be good several years from now but right now it doesn't look so good. I don't understand what you're trying to argue here.

You took something out of context so it fits your agenda. Thats misquoting.

You tried to establish a point that is the exact opposite what they wrote.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
You took something out of context so it fits your agenda. Thats misquoting.

You tried to establish a point that is the exact opposite what they wrote.
I don't have an agenda. Had you read my entire post you would see i disagree with them. They don't feel we had a good draft then just covered themselves by adding it could be good in a few years which is true of any draft. I still don't understand why you're so caught up on this.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I don't have an agenda. Had you read my entire post you would see i disagree with them. They don't feel we had a good draft then just covered themselves by adding it could be good in a few years which is true of any draft. I still don't understand why you're so caught up on this.

I read your post. And i know you disagree with them. Thats why i answered.