Matt Leinart's agent expects $30 million guaranteed in his rookie contract

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
DanTanna said:
Rikki's deal was incentive laden and it blew up in his face. No way Forrest Young/6 falls into that trap - getting paid by performance.

And it happened because he had an inexperienced agent....Masta P.

Very similar circumstances to Vince Young who has an inexperienced agent.

bert

Reaction score
Gryphon said:
Matt Leinart's agent expects $30 million guaranteed in his rookie contract.
He's telling the Saints or any other possible suitor that they better be ready to pay before selecting him. Alex Smith received $24 million guaranteed in 2005 as the top pick.

Mar. 23 - 11:33 am et
Source: OC Register
Pretty big & foolish demands from someone that will not be the #1 overall pick in the draft & very possibly not the 1st QB drafted this year. If he slips in this draft then I really don't see him getting that kind of money. But hey stranger things have happened.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Gryphon said:
He's telling the Saints or any other possible suitor that they better be ready to pay before selecting him. Alex Smith received $24 million guaranteed in 2005 as the top pick.

Funny the moron agenst says this before Leinart was even drafted.

What if he pulls an Aaron Rogers? Would he expect 30 million guaranteed for the 20th pick in the draft?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I play juco at one of the best colleges in the nation and i'd gladly play for the rookie minimum!

I guess there is a difference in loving football, and loving your future I guess!

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Gryphon said:

I'd laugh my butt off is he fell down about 10 spots or so. That demand would be laughed out of the building then.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
then genius-boy leinart shoulda come out last year - when he'da been the #1 overall pick.

32 NFL teams to leinart: "thanks fer shown us the chinks in the armor, son. you just saved us a bundle."

so much for "time-and-a-half for overtime".....

hope he partied hearty and got laid a bunch....

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I really don't mind if he is asking for 150 million... because

1) he can ask all he wants...doesn't mean he is gonna get it

2) Seriously doubt the Cowboys are in the play

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
then genius-boy leinart shoulda come out last year - when he'da been the #1 overall pick.

32 NFL teams to leinart: "thanks fer shown us the chinks in the armor, son. you just saved us a bundle."

so much for "time-and-a-half for overtime".....

hope he partied hearty and got laid a bunch....

Are you serious?

Matt is one of the best QB's to come out in recent memory.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
Are you serious?

Matt is one of the best QB's to come out in recent memory.

???

Ummm... "One of the" can cover a lot of ground. Care to be more specific?

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Rack said:
???

Ummm... "One of the" can cover a lot of ground. Care to be more specific?

Rack, how is leinart's stock with you as opposed to the end of the 2004 season? it's dipped on my books. i don't see how it could have improved on anybody's.

i contend he was foolish not to come out last year. mr. obvious me.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
tothewhipbill said:
Rack, how is leinart's stock with you as opposed to the end of the 2004 season? it's dipped on my books. i don't see how it could have improved on anybody's.

i contend he was foolish not to come out last year. mr. obvious me.

funny thing is... is that leinhardt put up better numbers this year than he did last year

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
funny thing is... is that leinhardt put up better numbers this year than he did last year
but this year i heard knocks on his arm-strength and concerns over whether or not he was just a product of a good system. i heard none of that buzz last year when leinart likely woulda gone #1. last-years QB class that was rather ho-hum. this years looks quite a bit better to me.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
What's he going to do if he doesn't get his $30 mil? Go back to USC for Ballroom Dancing 201? ;)

Leinart is going to bust anyway.... Beware....

Rockytop6

Reaction score
Gryphon said:

I don't think that is very smart to make those kind of statements. He might scare off some teams and his QB drop down a little where he could wind up making less that what the agent thinks.