Matt Patricia

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I don't know much about Patricia, but I do like the idea of having a defense-minded coach.
It's been too long since that side of the ball has been properly prioritized from the top down.
It's great defense that helps win championships.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Amen. His mentor is a defensive guy. He has learned from the best. The Cowboys greatest coach of all time was a defensive guy. Defense rules.
You nailed it. How long has it been since defense has been a priority on this team?
Too much focus on the flash and not enough love for the substance.

revospeed

Reaction score
Both he and McDaniels are jockeying to be Belichick's successor.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
I'm in the anyone but Garrett camp right now. I have been for years now. Just get him and his loser assistants out of here. I know coaching gets downplayed in pro sports but it still matters. And this coaching staff is bottom of the league bad. Our 2 coordinators are losing re-treads from when Detroit was god awful. And Garrett is only here because he played with us in the 90s and Jerry has a soft spot for him. Which is ridiculous. A competent owner/GM would have seen a long time ago how big of a fraud he was. He might be book smart but he is football dumb.

Sign me up for Patricia even if I have no idea if he will work. It would be a new voice this team needs. Dak will only get swallowed up by the dreadful coaching Romo was placed under. Young QBs need guidance.

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Patricia hasn't shown much of an ability to make chicken salad out of chicken ****. When he has had a ton of talent they have been good. When they haven't, they have been about as bad as can be.

In addition, as others have brought up, the results from previous NE coordinators make you tend to believe that the head coach gets more out of the coordinators than the coordinators offer on their own. McDaniels, Weiss, O'Brien and a few others haven't been impressive running the show.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I haven't seen enough of Patricia to deem him a HC yet. When/if he wins a SB on defense alone, then we can talk. They win rings because of Tom and Bill.........

I am not saying he won't be a good one some day but to annoint him this early is crazy.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
What D-Coord isn’t gonna look great when the offense scores at will

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
Patriots defense hasn't been all that good so far.

Comparing talent level, Dallas wins hands down. The Pats are one of the few teams that are known to make unknowns into knowns, if you now what I'm sayin'. This guy is given very little to work with and has done an amazing job maximizing talent. Getting him in here would be a huge plus. Gone would be the days of 'what have you done for me lately'. Bring in a coach that doesn't care how a guy played last year. Prime example...Jeff Heath. If Patricia was here, Woods would have been the guy from day 1.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has been talked about before. I would like to bring it up again. I feel like this would not only be a bold move but bringing him in as a head coach would be awesome in my opinion. Coming from a winning organization arguably the greatest coach to understudy and with a great defensive mind, this guy could transform this team I think. Thoughts?
Nope! Belicek runs that D. Patricia just prints out the practice schedules.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Beli gets great work out of coaches. But he doesn't develop head coaching material. O'Brien is the only one on his tree that is currently an NFL head coach. And a big part of that was him running a major college team for three years.

Also, let's not call Beli a "defensive guy" - he has experience on offense (1 year) and considerable experience coaching special teams. He's done a bit of everything.

I expect that Beli's fingerprints are on everything in NE. His coaches look good because of Beli's work.