Matt Ryan and a promising Rookie

Toro9

Reaction score
Let's talk about Matt Ryan.

Well, his first NFL pass was a long touchdown.

Over the years he was among the leading passers.

He went to a Super Bowl. (And got his but kicked in the 2nd half)

Made 4 pro bowls

Perfect height and weight, can run if he has to.

+++++++++++++

So, long story short, I propose we trade a Dak (~30), who refuses to run, trade for Matt Ryan and receive a 6th this year and a 6th next year. I think the Colts will do it.

Bottom line : Trade Dak and go after a QB of the future. Not with a 6th, but with a 1st and let Ryan keep you going.

WhizKid

Reaction score

Made 4 pro bowls

+++++++++++++

So, long story short, I propose we trade a Dak (~30), who refuses to run, trade for Matt Ryan and receive a 6th this year and a 6th next year. I think the Colts will do it.

Bottom line : Trade Dak and go after a QB of the future. Not with a 6th, but with a 1st and let Ryan keep you going
Ryan is done-zo. Dak is going to be here. New OC, another WR and RB in FA/draft. Draft a QB this year and next year; and do not reach for one. Would much rather trade Dak for draft picks and ride Rush and try and flip the picks for an early pick in the draft this year or next. Dude is here, so you got to make it work until then.

diamonddelts

Reaction score

Made 4 pro bowls

+++++++++++++

Bottom line : Trade Dak and go after a QB of the future. Not with a 6th, but with a 1st and let Ryan keep you going.
You don't get rid of a mid tier qb for a bottom tier worn out qb. And for the 1,000,000,000th time, Dak has a NO TRADE CLAUSE in his contract. This thread is hot garbage.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First off somebody needs to actually want Dak.
The NFL knows how to defeat him, bring pressure-play zone.

If your defense is horrible, Dak can defeat you..... So can Cooper Rush and your average college QB.

But pressure and lack of accuracy will get u a ticket to becoming a back- up at best, or out of the league There is a list a mile long of guys who came into the NFL and looked like world beaters only to dissappear in a few seasons as flaws were discovered.
Dak has Scott Linehan to thank for putting him in a offense he could thrive in , and did well.
Then he was asked to be a pocket guy. His flaws began to show.
It began with consistently late throws across the middle.
Now, since his injury he seems hesitant to run, I don't blame him if I had screws in my ankle I wouldn't want to run much either.
However some form of run and shoot is his only hope.

And that...is the rest of the story.
Good day.

Flamma

Reaction score
I missed this part when I first read the post. This is actually not a bad idea if the Cowboys were looking to move on from Dak. They'd obviously have to do something like this.

stilltheguru

Reaction score

Made 4 pro bowls

+++++++++++++

Let's not

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

Made 4 pro bowls

+++++++++++++

Dak is not tradeable contract has it in writing

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Ryan is done-zo. Dak is going to be here. New OC, another WR and RB in FA/draft. Draft a QB this year and next year; and do not reach for one. Would much rather trade Dak for draft picks and ride Rush and try and flip the picks for an early pick in the draft this year or next. Dude is here, so you got to make it work until then.
Why waste a draft pick just go pluck one off of those trees they grow on it is ez pluck a few dline men while we are at it pluck a few RB's and TE's Then trade all of our draft picks for Peyton

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why waste a draft pick just go pluck one off of those trees they grow on it is ez pluck a few dline men while we are at it pluck a few RB's and TE's Then trade all of our draft picks for Peyton
Yeah, why draft a QB, we done so well for 25 years without one. Why take a shot at success when we can perpetually stink?