Matt Schaub

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Well he was good in college.

He played well when he played foir Altanta.

He's 6'5" 230, with a big time arm. There's alot to like in terms of potential

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
Billy Bullocks;1123600 said:
Well he was good in college.

He played well when he played foir Altanta.

He's 6'5" 230, with a big time arm. There's alot to like in terms of potential

Sounds like Ryan Leaf or Drew Henson.................

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
tm1119;1123364 said:
not sure if anyone has ever mentioned him on here or not. But if the Romo thing doesnt work out for the rest of the season i think we have to take a shot at him in the offseason. He is a young QB (25) and showed a lot of potential in the little game action he has seen. Obviously Vick isnt going anywhere so the Falcons can afford to give him up. He was being shopped for a 1st round pick this offseason, would anybody else be willing to give a 1st rounder for Schaub? In my opinion he is easly the best QB available and we cant continue to wait for a project QB. Personally I think its either next year or rebuild conmpletely...again.

I think that could be one of the alternatives we will look into. he is a RFA so if they give him a qualifying offer of 1st and a 3rd, it would be a steep price to pay. but We may make a deal with atlanta if we decide romo is not the answer

tm1119

Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ;1123568 said:
1. Brian Brohm
2. JaMarcus Russell
3. Chad Henne
4. Colt Brennan
5. Erik Ainge

Im still confident in Romo and I think he could be our starting QB for years to come. Thats what my QB draft board for 08 looks like though. Im soo cool

Just curious, whats your QB board look like for this year? My board for seniors only is:

1. Quinn
2. Smith
3. Kolb
4. Beck
5. Palko
6. Stanton
7. Palmer
8. Stocco
9. Rowe
10. Zabransky

John Beck from BYU is my sleeper Qb for this years draft. I had Gradkowski last year and hes making look pretty good so far.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
1. Brohm
2. Quinn
3. Henne
4. Smith
5. Russell
6. Kolb

I want to watch this kid from UH, Colt Brennan, I hear he's pretty good...I just haven't seen him play yet. I like our other import from Hawaii though.

tm1119

Reaction score
By biggest question about Brohm is, How is any differnt from Lefors, Redman, and Ragone. If you look at the stats all of those guys are former Louisville QB's that either had just as good or better stats then Brohm has had at Louisville. And none of those guys have done anything in the NFL. I've yet to see anything from him that makes him special.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tm1119;1123364 said:
Matt Schaub not sure if anyone has ever mentioned him on here or not. But if the Romo thing doesnt work out for the rest of the season i think we have to take a shot at him in the offseason.
That kind of talk usually doesn't start until after the last game of the year. We are really jumping the gun this year!

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
tm1119;1123787 said:
Just curious, whats your QB board look like for this year? My board for seniors only is:

1. Quinn
2. Smith
3. Kolb
4. Beck
5. Palko
6. Stanton
7. Palmer
8. Stocco
9. Rowe
10. Zabransky

John Beck from BYU is my sleeper Qb for this years draft. I had Gradkowski last year and hes making look pretty good so far.

1. Quinn
2. Edwards
3. Kolb
4. Smith
5. Stanton
6. Palmer
7. Rowe
8. Beck
9. Stanback
10. Palko

:wink2:

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
EMMITSWIFT;1123494 said:
so what your saying is you wouldnt give up a 1st for mike vick ?????????? smh ... im glad your not a gm ..;)

I wouldn't trade a bag of marbles for Mike Vick. Not to play QB anyway. :moon:

EMMITSWIFT

Benched
Reaction score
Just_Dan;1123844 said:
I wouldn't trade a bag of marbles for Mike Vick. Not to play QB anyway. :moon:
hes better than tony romo and drew bledsoe . the point is not even argueable . so dont bother .

YoungBuck

Reaction score
If Romo doesn't work out, I'd sign him in a second. It's not always about his production, because he hasn't played that much. You have to watch him and analyze if he has the skills and intangibles to play QB in the NFL.

IMO from the tape I've seen on him I say yes. He'd be a very good QB with the star on his helmet.

alancdc

Reaction score
The kid from Hawaii is pretty increadible in that offense. Not sure he could run an offense that does anything other than pass, but who knows. In regards to Vick I think he has shown about the same thing every week. Wildly inconsistent, and because of that not a good fit I don't think.