Maui Disaster

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Saw this the other day...and yes, tragic. I hope they recover and the community comes together.

Some of the locals are speculating that burned areas will be rebuilt to house tourists or second homes rather than rebuilding for the communities. I hope that doesn't happen.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Saddest story I've seen thus far on this incident:

They found a kid's body last week and he was holding his dog. Both the kid and dog tied together in the fire.

shabazz

Reaction score
The federal and local response has been shameful and a national disgrace.

Way too little way to late……photo ops after the fact don’t do a thing to help.

shabazz

Reaction score
Saw a report where an idiot government official refused to allow water to be used to fight the fire because of a supposed need to conserve it.
That’s exactly the dangerous thing many of us have warned about with these extremists……they value human life below other things they hold dearer…….

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Saw this the other day...and yes, tragic. I hope they recover and the community comes together.

Some of the locals are speculating that burned areas will be rebuilt to house tourists or second homes rather than rebuilding for the communities. I hope that doesn't happen.
Saw a report where residents are already getting calls from private investors to buy their land. I don't know how you combat that but there should be a moratorium on engaging in such behavior until people can actually absorb what they are going to lose beyond what they have already lost. Vultures.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
That’s exactly the dangerous thing many of us have warned about with these extremists……they value human life below other things they hold dearer…….
I would have imagine the word "potable" is probably missing from the comment you are replying to. Restricting drinking water for human consumption makes a hell of a lot of sense if you can get all the ocean water you'll ever need less than a mile away.

I dunno. The comment has no source or description of the restrictions. I'm skeptical to believe it was meant to block utilization of the sea or even private pools. I live in a high fire area, and they take whatever they can get. They don't take drinking water because that ultimately kills people.

T-RO

Reaction score
Saw a report where an idiot government official refused to allow water to be used to fight the fire because of a supposed need to conserve it.
5 hours delay for water to fight the fire. 5 hours of burn with that wind!

Of course we know: Justice won't ever get served over this.

shabazz

Reaction score
I would have imagine the word "potable" is probably missing from the comment you are replying to. Restricting drinking water for human consumption makes a hell of a lot of sense if you can get all the ocean water you'll ever need less than a mile away.

I dunno. The comment has no source or description of the restrictions. I'm skeptical to believe it was meant to block utilization of the sea or even private pools. I live in a high fire area, and they take whatever they can get. They don't take drinking water because that ultimately kills people.
Drinking water can be brought to the rest of the population at any time. The firefighters needed access to water NOW To save lives and they were DENIED. Indefensible

I find it hypocritical that the same media that was critical of the handling of Katrina suddenly gets tight lipped about this horrendous response…..but I’m not surprised

rags747

Reaction score
The future of this thread is not too bright based on history!

gtb1943

Reaction score
Some context on where Hawaii came from:

at least we in the end made them part of the US and not a colony to be used and discarded.
But then virtually every nation has done something like this at one time or another.

triplets_93

Reaction score
at least we in the end made them part of the US and not a colony to be used and discarded.
But then virtually every nation has done something like this at one time or another.
Better to be taken by the US, than by Imperial Japan, or, the China to come...

rags747

Reaction score
I understand that each resident will receive $700 from the Feds. Way to take care of our USA residents!