Mavs vs Thunder in the Western Conference Finals?

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
speedkilz88;3959093 said:
I think they can beat the Heat, I just don't know about the refs.

I agree, but I'm not sure how this is going to go. On one hand, you know the league wants Lebron and Wade and bosh to succeed, but on the other hand their is something poetic about this team full of once elite players mostly past their prime and who never got a ring vanquishing the evil empire.

I think we MIGHT get something rsembling a fair shake unlike 2006, which no one will ever convinced me was not manipulated by the refs, if not the league itself.

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Rangers made the World Series, Mavericks make the finals...Cmon Cowboys its your turn!!

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White;3959098 said:
Mavs fans already complaining about the officiating... shocker. ;)

Can you blame us? We had the Heat dead to rights 5 years ago and were robbed by a league wanting to avoid a quick and uninteresting Finals.

MegaMagick

Reaction score
This Mavs run reminds me of the run the Rangers made last year. Especially with the way Marc Jackson put it, everyone thought J-Kidd was too old, Marion was on his way out, and Chandler wasn't that great. However they're a huge part of the reason why we're in the finals. Similar to Vlad Guerrero, Colby Lewis, Josh Hamilton, and other guys who were bounced around the MLB only to be key parts in the Rangers WS run.

The Thunder are a very young, inexperienced team and because of that it was hard to close out against a smart, hungry, veteran mavs team. I think they'll be back in the WCF and maybe even get to the finals next year. They can look back on this series, learn from it, and ultimately make themselves better so they can take the next step.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Usually mavs fans complaining about officiating is comical, but it's only that way because of the 06 finals and that was as clear evidence that the league manipulates games with officiating as there is, along with just about any lakers series

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3959103 said:
Can you blame us?

Yes... because you (not just you) do it after pretty much every significant loss.

Officiating in any sport is not perfect. Not every call that goes against your team proves the outcome is rigged.

Your owner has conditioned the whole fan base to have a victim mentality. He's the billionaire equivalent of an internet troll.

MC KAos

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if it's grizzlies/thunder next year in the WCF

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
MC KAos;3959109 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if it's grizzlies/thunder next year in the WCF

lol, thats some good Scotch you're drinking! (love me some scotch!)

MC KAos

Reaction score
nyc;3959112 said:
lol, thats some good Scotch you're drinking! (love me some scotch!)

I guess we will just have to wait and see, maybe put in in your sig as a reminder

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
MC KAos;3959107 said:
Usually mavs fans complaining about officiating is comical, but it's only that way because of the 06 finals and that was as clear evidence that the league manipulates games with officiating as there is, along with just about any lakers series

Honestly, I don't believe anybody "fixed" the series like many people do. I think the refs were "encouraged" to help Miami out a bit aand after game 3 it just spiraled out of control to the point where Wade literally won the title at the FT line. How anybody can watch the '02 Lakers/Kings or '06 Mavs/Heat series and say there isnt something funny going on is blind. It will be interesting seeing the Dirk/Wade handshake prior to game 1. I can see it now...

Wade: "Sup Dirk, funny seeing you here again."

dwyane-wade-championship.jpg

Dirk: "....."

Dirk-Nowitzki_1401075c.jpg

Danny Crawford: "Reach in, #41. In the act, two shots."

Danny-Crawford.jpg

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Its going to be a great series. I see it going 7. Yes, I am assuming Heat take care of Bull Business.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
MC KAos;3959107 said:

I'm more inclined to take your word for it. I don't recall if I actually watched that series.

All I know is that there have been plenty of series where the the Mavs got plenty of calls and their fans still b****ed and moaned about the refs.

I'm going to have a very hard time watching a Mavs/Heat series.

I guess there is some slim hope that the Bulls can pull off some magic.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;3959117 said:
Its going to be a great series. I see it going 7. Yes, I am assuming Heat take care of Bull Business.

Heats bench will get ate alive.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Danny White;3959118 said:
I'm more inclined to take your word for it. I don't recall if I actually watched that series.

All I know is that there have been plenty of series where the the Mavs got plenty of calls and their fans still b****ed and moaned about the refs.

All you need to know is that in Game 5, Dwyane Wade shot 25 FTs. Dallas shot 24 FTs as a team.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Danny White;3959118 said:

Ya it was REALLY bad! I was rooting for the heat HARD (still not over that 06 mavs/spurs series or the .4 series). I just remember laughing at how bad the calls were, not only because they were bad, but the mavs were not getting ANY calls.

But as bad as that series was, since then it seems lots of mavs fans are quick to pulls the ref card and frankly it's annoying, who in the league office would want San Antonio to stay alive over Phoenix of Dallas? Unless Peter Holt has a tape of stern doing coke or something it's very unlikely the spurs get preferential over any team.

CATCH17;3959119 said:
Heats bench will get ate alive.

maybe, but I think if ANYONE can guard dirk effectively it might just be lebron.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
MC KAos;3959122 said:
Ya it was REALLY bad! I was rooting for the heat HARD (still not over that 06 mavs/spurs series or the .4 series). I just remember laughing at how bad the calls were, not only because they were bad, but the mavs were not getting ANY calls.

But as bad as that series was, since then it seems lots of mavs fans are quick to pulls the ref card and frankly it's annoying, who in the league office would want San Antonio to stay alive over Phoenix of Dallas? Unless Peter Holt has a tape of stern doing coke or something it's very unlikely the spurs get preferential over any team.

maybe, but I think if ANYONE can guard dirk effectively it might just be lebron.

They'll have to double Dirk.

You can't do anything about a 7 footer fading away. He's going to get his looks.

Mavs didn't lose to the Heat all season either.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
CATCH17;3959126 said:
Mavs didn't lose to the Heat all season either.

Eh, neither did the Bulls and the Celtics won three out of four. Dallas also had Caron back then to matchup with Wade/Lebron.

Ren

Reaction score
Danny White;3959108 said:
Yes... because you (not just you) do it after pretty much every significant loss.

Officiating in any sport is not perfect. Not every call that goes against your team proves the outcome is rigged.

Your owner has conditioned the whole fan base to have a victim mentality. He's the billionaire equivalent of an internet troll.

Not just mavs fans complaining about the refs in the 06 finals, the list of people doing it is quite honestly to long to name

Did Cuban condition the likes if Phil Jackson to say it as well?