Twitter: May be more league changes to special teams next year

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
I’d like to see penalties for Oline men pushing the pile for extra yardage. Somebody gonna get hurt. You got 320 lb men running downhill hitting players that are trying to make a tackles in the back. Green Bay and NE specialize in it.

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
Hard hits/tackles should be eliminated.

Nobody can get hurt except for hamstring pulls.

links18

Reaction score
I hate saying all of this not in favor of any of this but we have to get real.

Dump kickoffs except an on side attempt. Take the ball on the 10 not the 25.

Dump the punt return, just move the ball 40 yards down the field.

Can only attempt a field goal in the last two minutes of a half/game.

Like I mentioned all that would suck but so do penalties.

Dana Hall
Billy White Shoes Johnson
Devin Hester
Josh Cribbs
Travis Williams
Mel Gray
Brian Mitchell

......who were those guys?

How about double goal posts? We could have one at the regular width and another set in the middle. If it hits dead center, it's a 4 point FG! Hey, I think I talked myself into that one......

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
I get that everyone is mad about it, but these are players that the team has to pay (depending on the player) upwards of millions of dollars to not play when they get hurt. Ya'll keep looking at football like its the 90's. These are billion dollar companies. There is not a single billion dollar company that would not make changes to how it operates if it finds that certain job duties increase an employee's injury probability significantly.

Injuries are a part of the game, but that doesn't mean that you have to sit there and do nothing about it. You wanna put the blame somewhere for it? Put the blame on yourselves. Fans are the ones willing spends thousands of dollars a year on gear, collectibles, tickets, etc and have raised the value of owning a football team to its current state. You are the reason these teams are worth billions of dollars and now want to protect there investments. So look in the mirror. You are the problem.

BleedinBlue

Reaction score
I get that everyone is mad about it, but these are players that the team has to pay (depending on the player) upwards of millions of dollars to not play when they get hurt. Ya'll keep looking at football like its the 90's. These are billion dollar companies. There is not a single billion dollar company that would not make changes to how it operates if it finds that certain job duties increase an employee's injury probability significantly.

Injuries are a part of the game, but that doesn't mean that you have to sit there and do nothing about it. You wanna put the blame somewhere for it? Put the blame on yourselves. Fans are the ones willing spends thousands of dollars a year on gear, collectibles, tickets, etc and have raised the value of owning a football team to its current state. You are the reason these teams are worth billions of dollars and now want to protect there investments. So look in the mirror. You are the problem.
I'm sorry I didn't mean to hurt that feller

RaZon

Reaction score

How about double goal posts? We could have one at the regular width and another set in the middle. If it hits dead center, it's a 4 point FG! Hey, I think I talked myself into that one......

Love it and it's 3 points from 50 plus, 2 from 40, 1 for shorter

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
All games will just be the Pro Bowl soon. And while I am on it, I used to love the Pro Bowl as a kid. I liked seeing all the different helmets on the same team. But that Pro Bowl was a disgrace to the game and the league. If they aren't going to play tackle football, just cancel it.

Making the Pro Bowl is fundamentally an *award*. They should treat it as an NFL awards show where the best in the NFL get together. They could make it like the Academy Awards. Show short clips of those invited, and then announce the All Pro as voted on by the other Pro Bowl attendees.

Could do skills competitions too. Everyone loves those. Guys don't want to get hurt, and are going to play accordingly. Instead of a fraudulent game, they could have real competitions that are relatively physically safe.

But the No Fun League gonna No Fun.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Roger Goodell is determined to ruin the league.....I swear. We need a new commissioner before it's too late. :banghead:

You should only be allowed to be league commissioner if you've had season tickets and attended 90% of the regular season for the last 5 years.

Much of the ruling class despises football fans, and I be surprised if Goodell isn't one of them.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good lord, what a horrible idea.

Field goals are BAD. Making kickers more important would be BAD. Making FGs worth more would lead to more kicking plays and fewer actual football plays. That would be BAD.

You're so close, though. Move the goalposts closer together (your posts "set in the middle"). Make kicking harder. 50-yarders being automatic is BAD. If a team has 4th-and-5 at the 35 yard line, I want them going for it with actual football plays, not bringing out the soccer player for a boring FG.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Roger Goodell is determined to ruin the league.....I swear. We need a new commissioner before it's too late. :banghead:
You should only be allowed to be league commissioner if you've had season tickets and attended 90% of the regular season for the last 5 years.

Much of the ruling class despises football fans, and I be surprised if Goodell isn't one of them.
I'm constantly amazed that people think the commissioner is some sort of independent position. He's the voice of the owners. He does what the owners want, period. Any other commissioner would be the same: it's the nature of the job.

Flamma

Reaction score
When is the NSFL supposed to start? If they want any chance at success, I suggest they don't mimick what the NFL is doing. Do the exact opposite. No babying quarterbacks. No little cat kickoffs. Back to the 90s. Probably won't work either, but it would get my attention.