Twitter: May be more league changes to special teams next year

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Roger Goodell is determined to ruin the league.....I swear. We need a new commissioner before it's too late. :banghead:
The league thinks they can do anything and the goose can continue to **** the golden egg. If they keep turning football into something it’s not, they’re going to get a big surprise at some point. I’m as big of a fan that has ever lived, but I have my limitations. I already don’t enjoy the games anywhere near as much as I used to and I spend ZERO dollars on merchandise any more and haven’t for a few years.

Loso86

Reaction score
Just make football helmets and flags at this point smdh

Blackrain

Reaction score
Well next I guess we'll just get rid of kickoffs and everybody will take it at the 25.

Heck no more punts either everybody has to go for it on 4th down and take your chances. LOL

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
The league thinks they can do anything and the goose can continue to **** the golden egg. If they keep turning football into something it’s not, they’re going to get a big surprise at some point. I’m as big of a fan that has ever lived, but I have my limitations. I already don’t enjoy the games anywhere near as much as I used to and I spend ZERO dollars on merchandise any more and haven’t for a few years.
Same boat..

TheHerd

Reaction score
How sad was that, that he and the AFC punter never even got to punt? Smh
They should have given them one punt each, maybe as a kickoff? It was crazy to not have them kick at all.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
there is something called a fair catch, if players or coaches do not want to gamble then call the fair catch, other than that let them play football.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
By 2023 they will eliminate all running to not only reduce injuries but even out the playing field.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I hate saying all of this not in favor of any of this but we have to get real.

Dump kickoffs except an on side attempt. Take the ball on the 10 not the 25.

Dump the punt return, just move the ball 40 yards down the field.

Can only attempt a field goal in the last two minutes of a half/game.

Like I mentioned all that would suck but so do penalties.

Dana Hall
Billy White Shoes Johnson
Devin Hester
Josh Cribbs
Travis Williams
Mel Gray
Brian Mitchell

......who were those guys?

They may do away with KO’s eventually but the rest of that isn’t happening.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It really is sad to see how much the NFL has changed. I get that they want to promote player safety...but then why add another game to the season? Seems hypocritical. Football is supposed to be a "contact" sport, but soon there will be no contact....so what is it going to be called? o_O

RaZon

Reaction score
They may do away with KO’s eventually but the rest of that isn’t happening.

I know, getting a little silly there.

When I play electric football that is how I do a punt. Just 40 yards away:D

J12B

Reaction score
Within the next 3 years we will see Kick Off returns and punt returns eliminated entirely.

Kick returns:
Teams will automatically get the ball at the 25 yard line after every drive except a team will be able to advance the starting field of position to the 40 yard line once per game, any time upon their choosing.

Onside kicks will still be allowed. Any onside kick that is recovered by the receiving team will automatically have the ball at the 50 yard line. (In case a team squids it to the 30 or 20 where few players are lined up).

Punt returns:
The ball will automatically be advanced 5 yards from where the punt is caught or where the ball ends up after rolling if not caught.

Muffed punts will still be allowed.

Blocked punts will still be allowed.

RaZon

Reaction score
When football was invented there were no 235 4.5 humans on the planet. Hell in 1985 The Frig the only 300 pounder in the NFL, Georgia's offensive line averaged 325.

We have simply gotten too big too fast and too strong to be playing this game any longer, actually if worried about injuries it should be banned. And if you aren't going to be doing that because of all that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, then cool trying to pretend ya care.