Maybe Garrett is a good practice coach

Pokes12

Reaction score
maybe he is a good game planner. But he is for sure not even a mediocre game time coach. Mistakes after mistakes. A comp,tee failure to appreciate and adjust to changes by the opponent. Mit reminds me of the old days when he stubbornly would try the same play on the goal line three times and miss all three. I cannot understand his intractability. He is one stubborn guy or just does not possess what tHe great ones show, am ability to adapt and re-design on the fly.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I've said for years... He's great Monday - Saturday.. Awful on game day.

Regardless I'm not giving him the majority of blame.

I'm blaming Linehan for beiing so predictable with our run plays on first down and Marinelli for not adjusting to Julio.

RS12

Reaction score
I have never been a huge Garrett fan but no way I blame today on him. Without his best two players on offense and zero pass rush or run stop it is kind of hard to win. Lombardi would not win consistently with Weeden at QB.

Aven8

Reaction score
The entire coaching staff sucked today. Along with the team!

mldardy

Reaction score
Garrett cost us 3 points with unforgivable clock mgmt

Give me a break man. If he doesn't use that timeout and we somehow flub that up and don't score or turn it over you would be blaming him for not using a timeout in that situation. This is so monday morning Qb bull****. The defense didn't do it's job in that situation.

Last edited:

mldardy

Reaction score
The entire coaching staff sucked today. Along with the team!

Scoring 28 points in the first half yeah the entire team/coaching staff really sucks for that.:rolleyes: Look I know you aren't happy as much as I am with today's results but given the circumstances the entire team and coaching staff didn't suck today.

KingLerxst

Reaction score
The T.O. at the end of the first half was a head scratcher. But I've seen the best coaches do some questionable things in games. But that didn't cost us the game. It's funny how some will blame Garrett for no half time adjustments. Yet it's Linehan and Marinelli who I would think are responsible for the majority of adjustments. Not having an overall game plan for doing a better job of getting the ball down the field could fall on Garretts shoulders. Then again. If Weeden starts chunking it and ends up with more picks or just plain bad throws. We'd be all over them for that. You also have to have receivers winning their battles down field for that to work. Kind of a damned if you do/don't type situation.
In the end. You can only coach the guys you have. I doubt Johnson,Shula,Bellichik,Walsh,Landry or many others would have won many games this short handed.

Aven8

Reaction score
Scoring 28 points in the first half yeah the entire team/coaching staff really sucks for that.:rolleyes: Look I know you aren't happy as much as I am with today's results but given the circumstances the entire team and coaching staff didn't suck today.

The offense made no attempts to adjust in the 2nd half and got sloppy. The defense folded like a cheap suit. And for some strange reason we let Lucky take almost every PR/KR in PS, but won't let him take anything now?

I loved the 28. But we collapsed similar to that SD game a couple years ago! Awful.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
They had a fantastic game plan that led to 28 first-half points. The one time Weeden diverged from it, he threw an awful pick. In the second half, sure, Atlanta adjusted and stuffed the box. But there was no magical adjustment that was going to beat that: we simply didn't have the personnel or talent to beat that.

Would you blame the Jaguars' coaches for not adjusting to the Patriots?

mldardy

Reaction score
The offense made no attempts to adjust in the 2nd half and got sloppy. The defense folded like a cheap suit. And for some strange reason we let Lucky take almost every PR/KR in PS, but won't let him take anything now?

I loved the 28. But we collapsed similar to that SD game a couple years ago! Awful.

I agree about the offensive didn't adjust but the Falcons had something to do with that too. I'm not saying it was a great performance but man we lead by 14 points on 3 different occasions, the entire team didn't suck today. If you want to look at teams that sucked today look at the Dolphins, Jaguars, Bears etc. Those teams sucked today.

Zman5

Reaction score
JG would have had three 5-11 Campo like seasons if it wasn't for Romo.
He's a horrible game day coach. No adjustments. Bad time management. Manages the game scared most of the time.

Pokes12

Reaction score
Subject matter and grammar makes me think you've had enough to drink and should go take a nap. :)

Sorry, mate! I had my Spanish keyboard on and it made for strange word recognition by my IPad. Garrett Sri,l sucks in game time decision making. Maybe he should spend a bit of time with Bill Belicheck.