Maybe I'm just a blind Dez Bryant homer

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Bryant's "numbers" compare very favorably to most, including Johnson and even Irvin.

He is one of the few elite talents on this team that I am willing to just sit back and watch the ride.

He gets it, and I doubted him to begin with. Glad to be proven wrong.

I won't waste time wondering where he ranks amongst his peers. He's good enough.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
Let me start by saying I wouldn't take anyone over dez. Megaton is the better player right now, and one of the best to ever do it. AJ Green is another one that is right there with dez or arguably better than dez. There are a few older guys too; Brandon Marshall, Fitzgerald, Boldin.

This is how I would rank them considering age and what they will do in the future, not all about what they have already done.
Megatron
Dez/green
Marshall
Gordon
Julio
Demaryius/harvin/welker
Jeffrey
Fitzgerald
Boldin
Andre Johnson
Wayne
DJax
Cole Beasley
Cruz

It's a stacked group.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I wouldn't take anyone over dez. Megaton is the better player right now, and one of the best to ever do it. AJ Green is another one that is right there with dez or arguably better than dez. There are a few older guys too; Brandon Marshall, Fitzgerald, Boldin.

This is how I would rank them considering age and what they will do in the future, not all about what they have already done.
Megatron
Dez/green
Marshall
Gordon
Julio
Demaryius/harvin/welker
Jeffrey
Fitzgerald
Boldin
Andre Johnson
Wayne
DJax
Cole Beasley
Cruz

It's a stacked group.

Beasley huh. I see what you did there. :)

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I really like Dez but I'm still not convinced that he can break open games by himself. There are still long periods of time where he's rendered pretty ineffective. I want to see Dez able to take over a game like TO was able to during his time here.

It's all great when Dez has his 150 yard game with 2-3 TDs, but we need to see less 2 rec for 35 yard type games as well.

Maybe he should take the snap and avoid this issue;) The comfort of the Romo-Witten connection is the primary culprit for the games your are describing. JG didn't help and why Linny is here to begin with. Can you teach us how to use Dez like how you used Calvin...?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Maybe he should take the snap and avoid this issue;) The comfort of the Romo-Witten connection is the primary culprit for the games your are describing. JG didn't help and why Linny is here to begin with. Can you teach us how to use Dez like how you used Calvin...?

I wish this was less truthful but it is what it is. One of my pet peeves on Romo. Sometimes there really aren't others open but more often open than not.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
I wish this was less truthful but it is what it is. One of my pet peeves on Romo. Sometimes there really aren't others open but more often open than not.

I agree and don't necessarily hate that great ability they seem to know where the other will be as it is hugely beneficial on 3rd down and in rough environments where moving the chains is the primary concern (no time to get fancy type of play). But it also leads to a lot of the small or mid range passes that move the chains but don't provide the quick scores or deep passes seen on other passing offenses (outside of NE anyway). It is especially critical to develop the Romo-Dez connection seeing as Witten is slowing down and Dez is just hitting his prime. Considering the D, this O needs to be a big play, quick score offense that can dictate momentum. That is the only way to compensate for this D and hope for some lucky breaks that allow us for the opp to get into the playoffs. Murray will be used more, but I really believe the team can sway momentum of games using Dez primarily. He will be relied on to get the team rolling and to build leads either through direct scores or allowing his teammates opps by drawing coverage. Murray will be relied on more in 3rd and short (cough) and to finish off games after the leads have been built, etc. This will still be a passing O.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I have no clue how Antonio Brown is ranked higher than Dez in the NFL's Top 100.