Maybe I'm just a blind Dez Bryant homer

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of Dez but Calvin is unquestionably the best. Dez is among a short list of WRs who can be argued as 2nd best. We're fortunate to have such an elite talent who also strives for perfection.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The real question is who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?

I don't think anybody (expect lqmac) really believes that Calvin Johnson is not #1.

Is Dez really #2 yet?

I think AJ is a bit more skilled....but Dez brings better intangibles and has an extra season under his belt at the same age.

If i'm being honest AJ's game probably ages better than Dez's

dallasdave

Reaction score
... But there is NOT another receiver in the NFL I would take over him. I'm not talking about for a season, I'm talking about this year and the future. IMO, he's going to be better than CJ when he enters his prime. How Lebron made you forget about Kobe, but NFL version w Dez n Calvin. The negative Nancy's are gonna say Julio, AJ, Gordon blah blah blah... The closest as far as being a freak-ish receiver is Julio; other 2 not even in same ballpark.

The season can come on with it...

X

I'm with you -DEZ MANIA:):):):):):):):):):):)

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You are a blind homer. But Dez does portend great thangs. But Dez is no megatron, yet.

Dez's problem (really and truly) has been . . . Witten. Romo is too quick to thow to Witten, his security blanket. Once Witten is gone, Romo will be thowing to Dez even more and that in turn will make Dez more competent and more secure and will hep him go to the very top of the tier.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
I am curious to see the next level Dez can attain in his being the best he can be.

But I also am not concerned with his stature in the league or where he falls on some list of the best.

My concern is the offense being the best it can be and putting up massive points. And a defense that over-achieves versus the talent in its ranks.

This will require everyone to contribute.

For me this is not the Dallas Romo's. Or the Dallas Dez'. Or the Dallas Witten's. Or the Dallas Murray's....Carr's...Melton's...Lawrence's, or any other singular player.

This is a team made up of teammates and not individuals seeking personal stats.

This is the Dallas Cowboys.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I really like Dez but I'm still not convinced that he can break open games by himself. There are still long periods of time where he's rendered pretty ineffective. I want to see Dez able to take over a game like TO was able to during his time here.

It's all great when Dez has his 150 yard game with 2-3 TDs, but we need to see less 2 rec for 35 yard type games as well.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I remember before that Lions game Dez making comments that he could do as well as Calvin Johnson. I'm paraphrasing but I remember he didn't back down on the hype talk.

And then Calvin went off on us for 350 yards or whatever it was. Geez.

lqmac1

Reaction score
The real question is who is the 2nd best WR in the NFL?

I don't think anybody (expect lqmac) really believes that Calvin Johnson is not #1.

Is Dez really #2 yet?

Not really. There was a debate on ESPN last year over who they'd take, 3/5 or 4/5 of the analyst said Dez. It was the week leading up to our game w them.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I really like Dez but I'm still not convinced that he can break open games by himself. There are still long periods of time where he's rendered pretty ineffective. I want to see Dez able to take over a game like TO was able to during his time here.

It's all great when Dez has his 150 yard game with 2-3 TDs, but we need to see less 2 rec for 35 yard type games as well.
He he can't throw himself the ball. JG hasn't helped much either by moving him around or trying to "scheme" him open.

Bay10

ehcrossing
Reaction score
I would have to say that Calvin is by far the best wr in the league. However, Dez loves being a Cowboy (his favorite team growing up in Lufkin TX) and it's just so fun watching such a talented youngster play for his favorite team. I hope he is a Cowboys for life.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Didn't someone post Dez's start in the league vs all the top WRs....ever? How'd that go? CJ still the best for now.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Didn't someone post Dez's start in the league vs all the top WRs....ever? How'd that go? CJ still the best for now.

Bryant's "numbers" compare very favorably to most, including Johnson and even Irvin.

He is one of the few elite talents on this team that I am willing to just sit back and watch the ride.

He gets it, and I doubted him to begin with. Glad to be proven wrong.

I won't waste time wondering where he ranks amongst his peers. He's good enough.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Bryant's "numbers" compare very favorably to most, including Johnson and even Irvin.

He is one of the few elite talents on this team that I am willing to just sit back and watch the ride.

He gets it, and I doubted him to begin with. Glad to be proven wrong.

I won't waste time wondering where he ranks amongst his peers. He's good enough.

Where he ranks amongst his peers was not the point.