Maybe this isnt our year

2much2soon

Reaction score
just like comments I was reading last year on another NFCE teams board coughGiantscough.
All hope was lost for them. They wanted to run everybody and Eli's career was a failure. They were totally writing him off and looking toward the draft to start rebuilding.
Maybe Dallas fails again. But I sense something different about this team. They are genuinely angry about that loss yesterday and the season in general.
I think they are going to take it out on a fading Giants this Sunday.
I don't think the '08 Cowboys are laying down. They are going to inflict a lot of damage on NY, Balt, and Philly even if they don't make the playoffs.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2475324 said:
Maybe it's not.

Look at Carolina. They were really good for a few years, even going to a Superbowl. Then they were way down for a few years. Now they look like they're back.

And funny, they kept the same coach and QB and many of the core players. Maybe you don't have to fire everyone just because you have a down year or two?

Fox has some skins on the wall though because of the postseason success he did have.

My gut feeling is whether we make the playoffs or not, Jerry will give Wade another yr if he wants it. Still, even when most of the team was healthy they werent playing with any sense of urgency and they stunk it up vs the Commanders, Bengals and Cards.

The defense is really making strides though. Will be interesting to see what pans out the next 3 weeks.

Givincer

Reaction score
cowboys5;2475285 said:
ken hamlin
marion barber
jason witten
sam hurd
miles austin
felix jones
kevin burnett
bradie james- didnt miss much time
pacman
roy williams
mat mcbriar
kyle koisar
holland- our second string lg is hurt ***
killah
terence newman
mike jenkins
tony romo
flozell- he didnt miss time but he played hurt
demarcus ware- didnt miss time but got hurt
anthony henry
isaiah stanback

Pretty long list.

I knew it would be long, didn't know it would be that long. I have to say, it's almost as frustrating as losing games to see people get hurt, every single game.

I don't think it's not our year because of it. Heck, we could've just blown out Pittsburgh yesterday. I like our chances if we get into the playoffs.

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
How are you going to blame injures,losing,and not playing well on TO,and romo
are you that dumb?
we lost because we made some big mistakes that hurt us
on d and on offense
we definately were going to struggle against them,so stop your crying and be a real boys team and know they will come back from these injuries or whatever your complaining about and watch them fight back into going to playoffs

RW31

Reaction score
Injuries Shminjuries. If you can't get to the superbowl because your backup RB or backup guard, slot receiver or punter gets hurt then you just aren't good enough period, whether these guys are healthy or not. Losing Romo definitely hurt us but that's about it. All those other guys are replaceable and losing them should have no effect on our team/performance.

If Romo doesn't throw the pick(s) against the Steelers then we're on our way to the Superbowl. How can you blame a bad throw on injuries? Romo usually doesn't make these mistakes. Witten normally doesn't run the wrong routes. Stop looking for excuses, right now we're underachieving. Losing a backup guard or a punter has nothing to do with our struggles.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
cowboys5;2475642 said:
and what player was that

Ware -- he missed no meaningful time at all, yet you list him as an excuse ..errr.... injury.

twentytwo

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2476029 said:
Ware -- he missed no meaningful time at all, yet you list him as an excuse ..errr.... injury.

He's just pointing out the fact that the injury bug has definitely been hitting us pretty hard this year.

You can't honestly say that Ware was 100% on Sunday.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
twentytwo;2476033 said:
He's just pointing out the fact that the injury bug has definitely been hitting us pretty hard this year.

You can't honestly say that Ware was 100% on Sunday.

Can you honestly say that most players heading into Week 14 are 100%?

Everyone is nicked up this time of year.

Losers make an excuse of it.

twentytwo

Reaction score
AbeBeta;2476034 said:
Can you honestly say that most players heading into Week 14 are 100%?

Everyone is nicked up this time of year.

Losers make an excuse of it.

Not an excuse. We've been unlucky with injuries for sure. I don't think you can argue with that. I agree that a great team should be able to adjust though, and I don't think we can blame our losses on injuries. I think everyone is just getting tired of seeing an unusually high number of injuries throughout this season.

As for Ware.... when the injury report says a player is questionable a mere 3 days before a game, I think it's safe to say he's a little more "nicked up" than your average player. Ware still played great, but I don't think he had the burst of speed he usually has, which I think is definitely because of that injury.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
dbair1967;2475644 said:
Fox has some skins on the wall though because of the postseason success he did have.
Oh, I didn't really mean that as a Wade defense... Just that if a team has enough injuries, especially at QB, sometimes it's prohibitive, as Parcells always said. And that even with largely the same staff and players, once the injury wave passes, a team can look miles better than it did when hurt.

I do hope this isn't one of those years, though. Said it many times, but IMO losing Felix in particular is a real killer.

cowboys5

Benched
Reaction score
AbeBeta;2476029 said:

i just listed players that have been hurt. The list was made to show our injuries... not every player missed time on the list but, doesnt deny the fact that the player got injured.

Before you try to make it seem like im making an excuse learn how to comprehend

Boysboy

Reaction score
cowboys5;2476583 said:
i just listed players that have been hurt. The list was made to show our injuries... not every player missed time on the list but, doesnt deny the fact that the player got injured.

Like I said earlier-this has been one grueling year for the organization, which started since we choked away that playoff game.

Hopefully next year, we'll have a lower profile as most pundits will be in someone else's jockstrap instead.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
cowboys5;2476583 said:

And before you make a list perhaps you should look around the league and see how other teams are dealing with the same issues.

Our situation is neither unique nor dire.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2476548 said:
I do hope this isn't one of those years, though. Said it many times, but IMO losing Felix in particular is a real killer.

I totally agree, he was the x-factor on the offense. His loss was huge.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2476914 said:
I totally agree, he was the x-factor on the offense. His loss was huge.
it was but we still have 2 probowl wrs,a probowl TE, a probowl rb and qb, and a good offensive line. the Ravens have like 16 players on IR. injuries are no excuse.

ODawg

Benched
Reaction score
What a great excuse but we still have the talent to get the job done!

cowboys5

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;2476970 said:
it was but we still have 2 probowl wrs,a probowl TE, a probowl rb and qb, and a good offensive line. the Ravens have like 16 players on IR. injuries are no excuse.

but the ravens losses are no way as significant as ours