Maybe we needed a game like this?

sk0aL

Reaction score
If our defense ever got a wake up call this game was it. Sean Payton showed the rest of the league the blueprint you can use to demolish the Dallas Cowboys.

I can't remember the last time we got our ***** whipped like this. I just hope the team uses this embarassment as motivation as Parcells starts separating the men from the boys this week. I'm pretty sure professional football players don't get physically punished anymore, but if I were BP I would have the entire team show up at Valley Ranch tomorrow at daybreak and make them run wind sprints and do up-downs 'till they puked.

This team is too good to turn in this type of performance.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
sk0aL;1224154 said:
If our defense ever got a wake up call this game was it. Sean Payton showed the rest of the league the blueprint you can use to demolish the Dallas Cowboys.

I can't remember the last time we got our ***** whipped like this. I just hope the team uses this embarassment as motivation as Parcells starts separating the men from the boys this week. I'm pretty sure professional football players don't get physically punished anymore, but if I were BP I would have the entire team show up at Valley Ranch tomorrow at daybreak and make them run wind sprints and do up-downs 'till they puked.

Philly owning us a couple of years back...

felix360

Reaction score
i agree with everything u said, but i still think jerry should move the team to mexico :bang2:

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
sk0aL;1224154 said:

...Philly has put a whipping on us, for that matter so has Washington.

BP has to make a gameplan that doesn't expose the blueprint that Payton has written up.

Also, despite what forum members are saying everyone has to be cognizant of the fact that blowouts are usually not a good barometer of what a team is truly capable of, especially the second time around.

A blowout tends to skew the gameplans and the execution. It's not really a good test of what a team is capable of.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
A loss was due IMHO. This level of *** kicking wasnt. Bill and the gang looked shell shocked.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
needed this game.........HA.....I think not. Haven't they had their fair share of chokes like this in the last few years......Needed my ***.....I know I didn't need it.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1224299 said:
I'm not buying this 'good loss' theory now and never will.

...is never good. It's what you learn from it and how it projects in the following weeks that may make it good.

Simply, if they punch you in the nose are you smart enough to move your head next time? If so, then you made something good out of a bloody nose. It still doesn't make up for the fact you got punched the first time.

Mansta54

Reaction score
This loss is gonna go a long way for us in the long run. I think we were gettin a lil big headed. We got our arse whupped but didn't lose much at all. We're still in 1st and in good shape for post season.. We are just fine.. Relax!!!

Kangaroo

Reaction score
What the 1st Game against Jacksonville was not good enough or the choke job against the Eagles and the defense making Burnell look like Captain comeback was not enough we need another underachieving defense performance like a whole in the head :bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2::bang2:

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
I was shell shocked watching the game. I don't remember having a throbbing headache watching a Cowboys game before.

I think it was evident that we could move the ball on them had the play calling had been a bit more balanced and we didn't turn the ball over early.

What is concerning is that the defense didn't even have an answer for them. The only time the Saints defense got off the field was when they made slight mistakes. With the exception of the first drive, our defense never stopped their offense due to the good play of our defense.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Lets see we need a FS, need a pass rush. Looking at the waiver wire and I don't see anything close. Hello Playoffs we are 1 and done.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Da Hammer;1224366 said:
Our D is horribly overrated, Vick will run us to death next week

At least he isn't accurate enough to pick us apart. :bang2::banghead::bang2::banghead:

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
sk0aL;1224154 said:

we did need a clunker. you can't win 10 out of 11 and expect to win playoff games in this league.

last game we were WHIPPED was less than 2 months ago HOME vs NYG ;)

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
chinch;1224442 said:
we did need a clunker. you can't win 10 out of 11 and expect to win playoff games in this league.

last game we were WHIPPED was less than 2 months ago HOME vs NYG ;)

Actually, in that game, I felt like we still had a chance to win. This game, I didn't think we could win after the first quarter...

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
sk0aL;1224154 said:

Uh, ol' Bill better run a few himself...I'd say he got his arse handed to him in the coaching competition! He was owned by SP.

j_welcome

Reaction score
This is how you play sometimes coming off such a huge victory we had last week. Weren't able to shake the hangover. Hopefully they come back against ATL like we did to TB after the WAS loss.

brucem78

Benched
Reaction score
jrumann59;1224374 said:
Lets see we need a FS, need a pass rush. Looking at the waiver wire and I don't see anything close. Hello Playoffs we are 1 and done.
Didn't we need the same things last year too?