Maybe we needed a game like this?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Wezsh0T;1224465 said:
Actually, in that game, I felt like we still had a chance to win. This game, I didn't think we could win after the first quarter...
we got throttled by NYG.

yah drew tossed away a first half lead but we were manhandled... didn't compete. if they had a few guys with more firepower they'd have hung 40+ on us that night too.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
sk0aL;1224154 said:
If our defense ever got a wake up call this game was it. Sean Payton showed the rest of the league the blueprint you can use to demolish the Dallas Cowboys.

I can't remember the last time we got our ***** whipped like this. I just hope the team uses this embarassment as motivation as Parcells starts separating the men from the boys this week. I'm pretty sure professional football players don't get physically punished anymore, but if I were BP I would have the entire team show up at Valley Ranch tomorrow at daybreak and make them run wind sprints and do up-downs 'till they puked.

This team is too good to turn in this type of performance.
Needed this game for what? To show us what we're to expect come playoff time? That is if we even make it now.

It would be one thing if we just had a bad game.. then it would be so bad.. but considering our record against those times we're fighting with for playoff spots then this loss is much more painful.. if we lose to Atlanta on Saturday we're done.

Book it.

Joe_Fan

Continuity Is Overrated
Reaction score
jrumann59;1224374 said:
Lets see we need a FS, need a pass rush.
...and a defensive coordinator, and a coach who will actually prepare us for a critical game in December, and the list goes on and on.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
We didn't need this kind of game in December in a playoff race, in the first round bye hunt, in our own back yard, on the national stage.

We received this beat down because deep down, our problems are 2 fold. Oline/Dline period. This beat down was due, and NO executed it to perfection.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
We played one of our worst games I can remember, they played a great game.

Payton drew up a perfect game plan, and when they knocked us off the rythm early, we never recovered.

This seems like the type of game you throw out and forget about. Too bad it may have cost us a 1st round bye

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
sk0aL;1224154 said:
If our defense ever got a wake up call this game was it. Sean Payton showed the rest of the league the blueprint you can use to demolish the Dallas Cowboys.

I can't remember the last time we got our ***** whipped like this. I just hope the team uses this embarassment as motivation as Parcells starts separating the men from the boys this week. I'm pretty sure professional football players don't get physically punished anymore, but if I were BP I would have the entire team show up at Valley Ranch tomorrow at daybreak and make them run wind sprints and do up-downs 'till they puked.

This team is too good to turn in this type of performance.
well now the team remembers how it feels to lose. that could be a good thing

Garland powerplay

Reaction score
That Commanders loss was more devastating to me because the game was in the bag; just couldn't close the deal.
Vanderjagt makes that kick he might still be a Cowboy for a couple more games.

fanfromvirginia

Inconceivable!
Reaction score
Mansta54;1224342 said:
This loss is gonna go a long way for us in the long run. I think we were gettin a lil big headed. We got our arse whupped but didn't lose much at all. We're still in 1st and in good shape for post season.. We are just fine.. Relax!!!
Hear! Hear! Did people really think that we were going to win eight in a row? If we go 11-5, this loss will look nearly meaningless. The key is to play well and win next week.

The only thing I agree with the Gnashers and Wailers on is Zimmer's D. The evidence is in -- not enough consistent pressure. And Sean Payton knew it.

Other than that, we're in good shape.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Lets face it- we went into that game over confident and cocky and got our butts handed to us. Outside of JJ, Newman, Ferguson and a couple others the guys just absolutely stank it up, coaches and players.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I don't think you ever need a blow out or devestating loss.

However, history is replete with teams that suffer one and use it as a motivating factor to turn their season around. We did it in '95 when things looked bleak after the 49ers and Eagles debacles. The 'Skins did it last year after being blown out 36-0 in NY. We did it this year after being manhandled by the Giants on Monday night.

The thing that concerns me is the way the plays were called last night, this weakness has been apparent in a Zimmer led defense for years, and it still hasn't been corrected. The players looked lost last night. Every play that was called look dumbfounding to them. And that is what concerns me.

Can we respond? Maybe. But, I'm tired of laying eggs like this when we have a chance to do something (is this a broken record or what?), and never think anyone needs a blow out loss.