Maybe we should tank the last 14 games

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Can't believe the number of fans who appear to have given up on the season and players after ONE loss with 14 games left. It's a bit disappointing coz I'm sure a lot are veteran fans who should know better. Fact is throwing the towel after two games is waaaaay too early..........:huh: we're better than that. Be patient and trust the season, it's a long one.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
after watching this team for the last few years I don't trust them at all

Staubacher

Reaction score
Who has given up? Besides Zeke of course.

Criticisms are par for the course after such an ugly loss. Plus some of us saw the danger signs long before Sunday - bad defense, Zeke instability and Dak 2nd year.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I trust them to make the playoffs then lose. Giving up on them after 1 game,which you will never see them play that way ever again is simply ridiculous.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Can't believe the number of fans who appear to have given up on the season and players after ONE loss with 14 games left. It's a bit disappointing coz I'm sure a lot are veteran fans who should know better. Fact is throwing the towel after two games is waaaaay too early..........:huh: we're better than that. Be patient and trust the season, it's a long one.

Personally I think the problem is all the fans who read all the blogger pretend scouts from March to June and then have unreal expectations of players individually and the team as a whole. I see people whining about stuff on twitter constantly that came from a blogger at some point and was never really a true thing.

People read all that crap from those guys for years about Terrance Williams and wanted him gone and many of those bloggers insisted they had inside info and that Butler was turning heads and had surpassed Williams. It was never remotely true in any way and then people start micro analyzing Williams and screaming for butler. That is just one example and there are many.

Those guys are always declaring something on the basis of trust me I know some people or as I was told one time by one of these types with 25k followers....do you know who I know? I called him on bagging on the fans at the stadium and it turned out he was at home in Virginia, when I explained to him he was wrong politely he got all high and mighty because he has more twitter followers.

Anyway I think this is the root of a lot of this stuff, we all Love football so much and consume so much info from invalid sources that expectations get out of whack. Each year is a new year and this is a much different team than last year.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
If the qb play and the coaching and defense don't improve you wont have to worry about tanking on t he next 14 games they wont win many this game next Monday night is huge for this team

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
No kidding. You could be NYG right now.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Same ones that probably gave up on the season after Week 1 last season, but were screaming "SUPER BOWL BOUND" after Week 13...

Then were all "Tank the season for a better draft pick" after Week 14...and then... those people

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I don't disagree with anything you wrote.

The only caveat I have is that fans have unrealistic expectations of both players and teams irregardless what the arm chair scouts write/believe. This applies to draft picks and coaching staff as well.

We see it every year on this forum.

Personally I think the problem is all the fans who read all the blogger pretend scouts from March to June and then have unreal expectations of players individually and the team as a whole. I see people whining about stuff on twitter constantly that came from a blogger at some point and was never really a true thing.

People read all that crap from those guys for years about Terrance Williams and wanted him gone and many of those bloggers insisted they had inside info and that Butler was turning heads and had surpassed Williams. It was never remotely true in any way and then people start micro analyzing Williams and screaming for butler. That is just one example and there are many.

Those guys are always declaring something on the basis of trust me I know some people or as I was told one time by one of these types with 25k followers....do you know who I know? I called him on bagging on the fans at the stadium and it turned out he was at home in Virginia, when I explained to him he was wrong politely he got all high and mighty because he has more twitter followers.

Anyway I think this is the root of a lot of this stuff, we all Love football so much and consume so much info from invalid sources that expectations get out of whack. Each year is a new year and this is a much different team than last year.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
The team was amped to beat NYG on SNF -- traveled to high altitude, with softer training camps, in Week 2 against a great defense (probably the best in the NFL).

We got our butts kicked. Butt kickings happen to the best of them (New England let KC hang a 40 burger on them, too -- Green Bay and Man-God Rodgers got throttled on SNF).

But ya know, jump if you want! :D

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Who has given up? Besides Zeke of course.

Criticisms are par for the course after such an ugly loss. Plus some of us saw the danger signs long before Sunday - bad defense, Zeke instability and Dak 2nd year.

A lot have given up on Dak already and want Romo back from the booth.

erod

Reaction score
Nobody has given up.