Mayfield vs Dak

Flamma

Reaction score
Looks like Mayfield may be cut by the Browns. Would you take Mayfield over Dak?

This isn’t a Dak hate thread. If you want to turn it into that go somewhere else.

They picked up his 5th year option, why would they cut him?

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
heck yeah, he's a team leader. that's all we look for in a QB. and he's a good guy. I bet he would pick up cups all over the stadium and could hit the trash can on the first try.

I'd also take him in a throwing contest. I've never seen or heard of dak beating anyone in a throwing contest.
Funny u remember that time dak through away his cup and how praised he was for it. Hilarious

Flamma

Reaction score
I gotta give Baker his props for getting in there early on with the endorsements/commercials, got in before it became obvious he sucked. Remember RGIII doing the same thing before we found out he sucked. Both guys made a lot of $$$$$ off BSing,

Dak is on a whole other level than Mayfield, not close at all, not a little bit. Dak is borderline good, Baker is can he stay employed,

Unless he has an awful season next year, I actually think they'll pay him.

khiladi

Reaction score
heck yeah, he's a team leader. that's all we look for in a QB. and he's a good guy. I bet he would pick up cups all over the stadium and could hit the trash can on the first try.

I'd also take him in a throwing contest. I've never seen or heard of dak beating anyone in a throwing contest.

He’s also has a torn left labrum all season. Isn’t he afforded the same excuse as Dak by the fanboys for completely sucking?

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't see Mayfield getting another starting gig if the Browns cut him unless he stumbles into one via injury. If Dallas were to cut Dak I think he would be brought in as a starter somewhere else.

Mayfield absolutely would. Washington, Saints, Panthers, plenty of teams. Just not for 40+ million a year. The question is, after next year, is he willing to play for the Browns for less? Or play for another team for less? He played injured most of this season and is getting surgery. Who knows how he'll play next year? The Browns may sign him to a new deal.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Dak is better then Baker no doubt. Dak is a top 10 quarterback in the NFL. Before the injury many felt Baker was on the cusp of being something special. The guy led Cleveland to the playoffs and won a game. That should be worth something. The comparison to Dak seems strange but they are similar in that the media is questioning whether Baker is a franchise quarterback in his contract year. During the 2019/2020 seasons Dak was professional and kept his head low, even when the Cowboys were struggling. While Baker is whining, having his wife defend him on social media. He should have got that arm fixed earlier, he would have been better off.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Lol. This is the dumbest thread I’ve ever seen on here…just stop.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This isn't an option b/c we owe Dak a ton of money. We would have to eat 100M in cap space AND pay Baker. Not possible and nobody is taking Dak for what we pay him.

EST_1986

Reaction score
Looks like Mayfield may be cut by the Browns. Would you take Mayfield over Dak?

This isn’t a Dak hate thread. If you want to turn it into that go somewhere else.
Dak is scared and won't push the ball further than 2.7 yards down the field but Mayfield is god awful, no thanks

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Mayfield absolutely would. Washington, Saints, Panthers, plenty of teams. Just not for 40+ million a year. The question is, after next year, is he willing to play for the Browns for less? Or play for another team for less? He played injured most of this season and is getting surgery. Who knows how he'll play next year? The Browns may sign him to a new deal.

I'm not so sure. I don't think Baker Mayfield is any better than Jameis Winston or Taysom Hill. Teams like the Panthers and Washington are in desperate need of a QB but I imagine they would go through the draft. It's possible Mayfield would be an appropriate stopgap starter in those cases but you are right, not for big time starter money. Assuming both Dak and Baker were free agents tomorrow I think there would be a bigger market for Dak. The Browns were pretty good and I think many see Baker as the one holding them back. In a scenario where a QB like Trevor Lawrence is cut I think many would see the organization as the problem. I suspect the Browns keep him even if it is to be a stopgap.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I think some of you are being a little hard on Mayfield. How can you judge any young QB stuck playing in Cleveland?

I think the Cowboys would end up more or less in the same place whether it's Dak or Baker taking the snaps.

I see Mayfield's future as the next Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm not so sure. I don't think Baker Mayfield is any better than Jameis Winston or Taysom Hill. Teams like the Panthers and Washington are in desperate need of a QB but I imagine they would go through the draft. It's possible Mayfield would be an appropriate stopgap starter in those cases but you are right, not for big time starter money. Assuming both Dak and Baker were free agents tomorrow I think there would be a bigger market for Dak. The Browns were pretty good and I think many see Baker as the one holding them back. In a scenario where a QB like Trevor Lawrence is cut I think many would see the organization as the problem. I suspect the Browns keep him even if it is to be a stopgap.

Go through the draft for what? To get great QBs like Justine Fields and Trey Lance? It doesn't matter. Baker still has one more year left to prove himself.