Mazi looks in decent shape

Havic

Reaction score
Feel the need to post a positive thread on Mazi after we just traded with division rival for a DT?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We need a nose tackle not a swim suit model. Eat Mazi Eat!

conner01

Reaction score
Great to hear. He will improve. Fans need to be more patient with players.
This system is perfect for him. If he’s ever gonna develop this system is ideal for him.i do think trying to make him a pass rusher last year hurt his development but Zim scheme is a great fit for what he should be goid at

starfan1

Reaction score
Mazi was getting manhandled by scrubs in the preseason game. That has to get better and I hope it does. Im not sure his slow get off can be fixed

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mazi's physique has never been the issue, the dude is an absolute brick house and athletic freak of nature. He will probably quickly get his conditioning back post-shoulder surgery.

The issue is playing the actual game of football.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Landry said give 3 years to a DT before making a final determination. I'm not going to go against arguably the best Xs and Os coach ever.
actually Landry said to give ANY DRAFT CHOICE three years. BUT at the same time he cut more than a few when it became obvious they were not going to make it
willing to give Mazi a mulligan for last year to an extent; but he NEEDS to show something this year

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He’s not in football shape , I can tell you that

He gets gassed very quickly
Against the Rams, we were playing him on all three downs. I'm sure that was just to give him more practice and see what he can do. He will be a one-down or two-down player during the regular season ... unless we can't stop the run and force the opponent to pass.

Bringing in Phillips hopefully gives us someone we can rotate with him on those downs if he gets gassed.