Mazi set up to have a good year? Zgonina, Phillips and Linval

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If you look at what the Cowboys have done, I think Mazi's ceiling has to be up. You bring in a DC in Zim who brings in a tough nosed coach in Zgonina, then you bring in veterans like Joseph and Phillips who can get in his ear, and help him out. What are your thoughts on this, if this doesn't help him, what will!????

fivetwos

Reaction score
you don't think that mazi could benefit from having these guys here???
Sure I do. It won’t hurt, but if some of the theories on his actual play around here are correct, then probably not.

They are relying very heavily on him, and knowing the Joneses, they feel as though they have invested all they ought to have to by using a first and want the ROI.

So either he delivers big time or there’s going to be issues. These older guys are gonna be banged up before long, and now there isn’t even the upside of Rogers to hope for.

It’s a weakness and has been. If you watch the DT play around the league in recent seasons come playoff time, it’s tough to win without it being a strength. Until they understand that….AND get the fix right, I can’t expect much or more than we have seen the last few seasons.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whoa .... in most of your posts you been down on Mazi and saying he is a bum, and other stuff.
Now he is set up to have a good year.

I applaud you for seeing the Mazi light. :clap:

And I agree. He has some veteran player leadership. And a DC that will use him for the it was supposed to be.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Whoa .... in most of your posts you been down on Mazi and saying he is a bum, and other stuff.
Now he is set up to have a good year.

I applaud you for seeing the Mazi light. :clap:

And I agree. He has some veteran player leadership. And a DC that will use him for the it was supposed to be.
just goes to show how much you look at my posts, man you're a great guy despite what they say about ya!! lol:laugh:

rojan

Reaction score
Every clip I see of Mazi, he is half assing it and has the body language of someone that clocks into work just to count down the minutes until he can clock out.

Shane612

Reaction score
Just shut up and play.
If they held Mazi out of preseason games because they felt he was marking good enough progress in practice, it’s the most asinine thing I’ve heard in awhile.
Honestly, I thought he wasn’t on the team anymore, until someone said he was being held out of games….for his good progress in practices…. :laugh:

RonWashington

Reaction score
Broadus on the podcast with Belt speculated who might suit up game days ….he said with Phillips Joseph OSA among others in a numbers crunch he could see Mazi as a game day “ inactive “ . That’s shocking for a first round pick . That would scream BUST

If healthy he has to play . Cleveland will be a wonderful test to how far Smith is progressing .

reddyuta

Reaction score
Broadus on the podcast with Belt speculated who might suit up game days ….he said with Phillips Joseph OSA among others in a numbers crunch he could see Mazi as a game day “ inactive “ . That’s shocking for a first round pick . That would scream BUST

If healthy he has to play . Cleveland will be a wonderful test to how far Smith is progressing .
he might be active only because Joseph has barely played and you cant have him as the only 1T..