Mazi set up to have a good year? Zgonina, Phillips and Linval

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
If you look at what the Cowboys have done, I think Mazi's ceiling has to be up. You bring in a DC in Zim who brings in a tough nosed coach in Zgonina, then you bring in veterans like Joseph and Phillips who can get in his ear, and help him out. What are your thoughts on this, if this doesn't help him, what will!????
Does keeping Mazi off the field help him?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Broadus on the podcast with Belt speculated who might suit up game days ….he said with Phillips Joseph OSA among others in a numbers crunch he could see Mazi as a game day “ inactive “ . That’s shocking for a first round pick . That would scream BUST

If healthy he has to play . Cleveland will be a wonderful test to how far Smith is progressing .
Broaddus is an idiot. He hates Mazi for some reason. This is exactly why he is not a scout anymore.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Broadus on the podcast with Belt speculated who might suit up game days ….he said with Phillips Joseph OSA among others in a numbers crunch he could see Mazi as a game day “ inactive “ . That’s shocking for a first round pick . That would scream BUST

If healthy he has to play . Cleveland will be a wonderful test to how far Smith is progressing .
we're still believing Bryan malik Davis will make the team broaddus? Yall really believe on that failed scouts word lol

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Broaddus is an idiot. He hates Mazi for some reason. This is exactly why he is not a scout anymore.
Broaddus really does have guys he dislikes strongly and sometimes one or two that he loves. If he dislikes a player, he is going to tell every one of the 38,000 podcasts that he hops on during training camp, that the guy is doing terrible.

The number of people that hears/watches those podcasts is a huge chunk of Dallas Cowboys fans… so before you know it, almost the entire fan base thinks that player sucks and doesn’t have a chance to make it.

Of course the guys he likes are practicing pretty well.

It is the biggest problem with Broaddus, and yes, I agree with you that it is why he’s no longer a scout.

Having said all of that… the few times that I’ve seen Mazi this preseason, he hasn’t looked great. He has made a good play here or there, but looks disinterested in others.

We’ll have to just see how he plays in the real games to get a good idea.

links18

Reaction score
Every clip I see of Mazi, he is half assing it and has the body language of someone that clocks into work just to count down the minutes until he can clock out.
Man, do I know that feeling.....

Ironicalicon

Reaction score
It'd be great if the defense could get by with Osa and Mazi playing the majority of the snaps to keep these seasoned vet DTs energized for the playoffs, should we get there.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Broaddus really does have guys he dislikes strongly and sometimes one or two that he loves. If he dislikes a player, he is going to tell every one of the 38,000 podcasts that he hops on during training camp, that the guy is doing terrible.

The number of people that hears/watches those podcasts is a huge chunk of Dallas Cowboys fans… so before you know it, almost the entire fan base thinks that player sucks and doesn’t have a chance to make it.

Of course the guys he likes are practicing pretty well.

It is the biggest problem with Broaddus, and yes, I agree with you that it is why he’s no longer a scout.

Having said all of that… the few times that I’ve seen Mazi this preseason, he hasn’t looked great. He has made a good play here or there, but looks disinterested in others.

We’ll have to just see how he plays in the real games to get a good idea.
Broaddus straight up lies and makes up stuff.his latest Malik Davis " straight from the coaches" fib should show everyone his connections or the lack of them.

75boyz

Reaction score
The more he plays the more will be clear that Joseph and probably Phillips as well, will provide a more impactful performance.

Same as Big Hank last year.
Hank was like 10 or more years older than Mazi Charlton as well but was a far superior player to him.

Its gonna be the same again this year I think.
Need to acknowledge, move on and try again at drafting a better DT. The sooner the better.

jmo

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If u agreed with me u should have given me a LIKE! This board needs a Thumbs down too, I guess it would be too upsetting to most here I’m guessing.
I took it you meant Mazi would be on skates. Did I read it wrong?

RoboQB

Reaction score
I think they brought Joseph in to teach Mazi how to eat...lol.
Dude may gain 50lbs by Christmas.
He should get business cards made.
Linval Joseph, Nutitionist