Mazi's allergic reaction was to peanuts, not milk

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Food allergies are no joke. My wife has them bad. Way too many trips to the ER over the years, even when we are vigilant. It happens. No laughing matter

conner01

Reaction score
Despite their being a thread about his allergy, there sure are a lot of posters who seem confused about it.

Here is from Mickey Spagnola https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/mick-shots-heading-home-with-youthful-enthusiasm to hopefully clear that up:

While last year's first-round pick Mazi Smith missed the preseason game against the Raiders, suffering an allergic reaction to a protein shake laced with a peanut product, he was back working hard this week and resuming his spot at defensive tackle with the first team during Tuesday's practice. The kid is working hard and on his conditioning too. There he was on Monday after the team's walk-through practice, doing a running exercise with Parsons and Osa Odighizuwa. The threesome would sprint five yards and back, another five yards and back, all the way down the field for 100 yards. And on the last five, Mazi burst into the lead. "For me, I felt like I can really step up and be a leader," Micah said of his role in the post-practice running exercise. "I need to build up the people around me." Sounds as if someone is maturing.
That’s makes way more sense. Lots of people are allergic to milk but just have stomach issues not serious allergic reactions

conner01

Reaction score
As someone who nearly died on two separate occasions due to anaphylaxis (for two different reactions...wasp venom and a soy allergy). I can truly appreciate the severity of allergic reactions and would never doubt how it could happen to someone. I hope doesn't have to experience that again.
Peanut allergies can be very serious

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Very unfortunate. A healthy dose of pb in his diet would do good to get him up to his target weight. Guess he'll just have to settle for cod and horsemeat.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Don't care what he is allergic to, what alarms me the most is the fact that allergic reactions are now being used as excuses.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Lol, you are ignorant. Go ahead and lie about if you want to.. He gets enough grief as it is. You don't have to add lies to it.
He’s a wasted pick. They are bringing in vets off the couch because they know he is a bust.

The FO you defend incessantly is telling you he’s a bust and you’re disagreeing?

rambo2

Reaction score
He’s a wasted pick. They are bringing in vets off the couch because they know he is a bust.

The FO you defend incessantly is telling you he’s a bust and you’re disagreeing?
Are you stupid? They only thing I said was that he has been working hard in camp. Can you read? Do you understand? I'm getting tired of stupidity.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Are you stupid? They only thing I said was that he has been working hard in camp. Can you read? Do you understand? I'm getting tired of stupidity.
and a lot of people are tired of Jethro minions drinking the kool aid and then pouting when so many spit in it

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Don't care what he is allergic to, what alarms me the most is the fact that allergic reactions are now being used as excuses.
Food allergies are no joke bro, I once dated a girl that carried an epi-pen (epinephrine injection) in her purse because she was allergic to like 5 different types of food ingredients.

Even like inhaling the air in restaurant where peanuts were being served would cause her throat to close up to the point she literally could not breath until she injected herself......................kinda freaked me out the first time it happened.

T-RO

Reaction score
What about those quotes that he was allergic to milk?
supposedly his own words?
People can be allergic to multiple things, and not identify the cause of their reaction until after they eat something. Even then there can be understandable confusion. In today's menus many ingredients are hidden, whether you are dining at swanky restaurants or fast food.

Anyone casting blame at Mazi for this incident is ill-informed, lacking experience with allergies, or has malignant intent.

Last edited: