Twitter: McCarthy addresses mumblings that defensive players weren't graded

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He's a proven liar so........yeah. Thank you to whoever asked that question though

And him saying every play of every practice is yet another lie. He's pathetic to be honest
Hey! He sat in his basement and graded every player of every game for the whole 2019 season! He said so himself!

Then he admitted to literally lying about it top get the job. Yikes.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
There were reports some coaches couldn't coach. Speculating but maybe what happened is some coaches passed grades to McCarthy but maybe never communictaed with the player or didnt coach them.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A good follow up question might have been, “How did you grade your defense last year as a whole and why?” Or “what criteria do you use as a baseline of evaluation?” In other words, just because you evaluated them doesn’t necessarily mean it was a thorough and accurate evaluation.

Aven8

Reaction score
Well whatever they did they actually got better as the season went along. They dumbed it down and once Wilson started and Greg’s returned the TO’s started coming. They lead the league in fact.

I have a feeling Edwards helped transition back to 43 base, although Dlaw was still standing up a lot.

At least we’re in competent hands now with Quinn. Still need better players however.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
What was the purpose of grading them. They were pretty much the worst Cowboys defense ever week after week. Maybe they just ran out of stickers with the letter F.

75boyz

Reaction score
I don't understand. I thought the expectation for this group to compete has been to just get the defense to average so this so called high octane offense can flourish, right?

So, I mean this guy wasn't some defensive wiz all those years in GB...

And really his grading of defensive players and defense in general is not historically strong by most all his past defenses' performances.

But about that offense...

Oh wait never mind, he's a very effective walk around manager.
Yeah, that's it. And top notch analytics guy.

My bad.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Could it be that Coach Rod and Co. were more overt, and naming and shaming than the new group.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Maybe the defensive staff failed to communicate effectively with the players. If that same staff had done a better job maybe they would still be employed but they clearly failed and were forced to seek employment somewhere else. Mike may not want to acknowledge it but we can all agree there were issues with the previous defensive staff.