Twitter: McCarthy addresses mumblings that defensive players weren't graded

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
I love how so many people on here are always so confident about what's going on behind the scenes, and it's always the most negative take possible.

I try to remember to never take seriously someone who speaks with resolute confidence about things they can't possibly know for themselves.

Kwyn

Reaction score
He's a proven liar so........yeah. Thank you to whoever asked that question though

And him saying every play of every practice is yet another lie. He's pathetic to be honest
Well, you would know since you are on the coaching staff

I’m embarrassed by some of you guys.

Kwyn

Reaction score
unfortunately that probably means it was true ...
How do you figure?

this is the classic “when did you stop beating your wife?” type of question

If your assumption is that all people lie all the time, which is what is implied by your response, then I would have to disagree.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It has been my very uneducated opinion that McCarthy came back into coaching for the paycheck.
I do hope he proves me wrong.
You coach for notoriety you don’t coach for a paycheck. But I’m not a fan of his either way

Verdict

Reaction score
Maybe the defensive staff failed to communicate effectively with the players. If that same staff had done a better job maybe they would still be employed but they clearly failed and were forced to seek employment somewhere else. Mike may not want to acknowledge it but we can all agree there were issues with the previous defensive staff.
Or maybe, when a player gets an "F" grade, week after week, there is really no point in telling said player that he is continuing to fail. At some point there is no point in the conversation.

Verdict

Reaction score
I love how so many people on here are always so confident about what's going on behind the scenes, and it's always the most negative take possible.

I try to remember to never take seriously someone who speaks with resolute confidence about things they can't possibly know for themselves.
Yes. Speaking in absolutes in almost every case, leads you to believe that they have no idea what they are talking about. Moreover, if that is the conclusion you draw, you are probably correct in most cases.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Or maybe, when a player gets an "F" grade, week after week, there is really no point in telling said player that he is continuing to fail. At some point there is no point in the conversation.

His job description literally involves making the players he coaches better.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
the reporter that asked the question - the room is like "wow, I wouldn't have gone there, but I'm glad Jane did"

Portnoy1

Reaction score
All I want to know is what Grade did Zeke, Jaylon and Woods get? Because If it's anything above a C...........

McKDaddy

Reaction score
How do you figure?

this is the classic “when did you stop beating your wife?” type of question

If your assumption is that all people lie all the time, which is what is implied by your response, then I would have to disagree.

Well, there were several layers to my comment.
1) It was somewhat tongue in cheek, but also I could see my comment as being completely true
2) Partially because of the old adage "the more vigorously someone denies the more likely it is they are guilty?"
3) Someone obviously wasn't grading or communicating correctly as some guys should have been benched or at least known that they weren't viewed as playing well.
4) He wasn't going to admit it was true regardless so his denial is automatically suspicious. So yeah, I take everything someone in public life says as not necessarily being true. I mean how many times has it been proven that what coaches say isn't really true. JG used to say all the time that the players were held to the highest level of accountability yet players were openly disregarding him.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
So whatever he says, the opposite is probably true. What? What world do you live in where everyone says the opposite of what they know is true?

1) It was somewhat tongue in cheek, but also I could see my comment as being completely true
2) Partially because of the old adage "the more vigorously someone denies the more likely it is they are guilty?"
3) Someone obviously wasn't grading or communicating correctly as some guys should have been benched or at least known that they weren't viewed as playing well.
4) He wasn't going to admit it was true regardless so his denial is automatically suspicious. So yeah, I take everything someone in public life says as not necessarily being true. I mean how many times has it been proven that what coaches say isn't really true. JG used to say all the time that the players were held to the highest level of accountability yet players were openly disregarding him.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

That's true too. But then you'd just move on from the player and not fire the defensive staff for doing such a crappy job.

Fact- Nolen along with several other defensive coaches were let go after 1 year.

Unverified sources reported player or players were unhappy about how those coaches operated.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You have a very dystopian point of view here.