Twitter: McCarthy addresses mumblings that defensive players weren't graded

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What did McC think he was coming to when he pitched for the job?

I think Garrett had mixed emotions leaving DFW.

And who cares about grading? Did that fix anything? "Johnny, I am giving you an F in spelling?" "Up urs".

Frosty

Bigdog24
Reaction score
That's true too. But then you'd just move on from the player and not fire the defensive staff for doing such a crappy job.

Fact- Nolen along with several other defensive coaches were let go after 1 year.

Unverified sources reported player or players were unhappy about how those coaches operated.

Cowboys Organization and the Country Club Players are a hot mess, drama queens who wants there 5 minutes of fame..... Stupid to think a Super Bowl winning coach would not grade out his players....

McCarthy has got to think this organization is a hyperbole of drama filled players who have bought into the self absorb elitism within the Cowboys Organization.

plymkr

Reaction score
A good follow up question might have been, “How did you grade your defense last year as a whole and why?” Or “what criteria do you use as a baseline of evaluation?” In other words, just because you evaluated them doesn’t necessarily mean it was a thorough and accurate evaluation.
I agree with and I would add, "coach can you address the situation involving another anonymous source from the defense undermining you and your staff".

I'm no fan of MM but I'm much more unhappy with "anonymous sources" concerning the defense going to the press. How's the man supposed to run the team if he's getting backstabbed and undermined about the defense? That happened several times last year.

Again I'm not a big fan of MM at this point but there's little chance he's not going to be able to turn this thing around with this petty behavior. The players on defense and the media has to give him a chance to do his job. He deserves a fair shake at that job.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cowboys Organization and the Country Club Players are a hot mess, drama queens who wants there 5 minutes of fame..... Stupid to think a Super Bowl winning coach would not grade out his players....

McCarthy has got to think this organization is a hyperbole of drama filled players who have bought into the self absorb elitism within the Cowboys Organization.

There was smoke all season...there was fire. That is all we know for sure. Maybe Slater made it up or maybe she's telling the truth we just don't have that info. But like i said above we know Nolans staff was fired after 1 year and we know that's not always an easy feat with these owners. They weren't happy with the coaches level of incompetence so they made the change. Not far fetch to believe the players weren't happy either for whatever reason.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

What a Jerrah tool this McCarthy is. It's worst than Garrett.
He's a proven liar so........yeah. Thank you to whoever asked that question though

And him saying every play of every practice is yet another lie. He's pathetic to be honest
His favorite phrase is everything is another opportunity. Just like his coaching job in Dallas. And he lied to the Jones" to get his job. I do not trust him.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
it could be they were graded, and the results were so bad they shredded them so no one could ever see the grades.
Now he is just saying they were graded, but not what the grades were specifically lol.

He did get mad on that question though.
He is a great puppet, maybe better than JG!:omg:

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
I'll grade them.

F.

Moving on....
Actually....I think the players were trying to carry out their orders from the gawd awful coaching staff. You can't convince me otherwise. I'm almost to the point McCarthy is here to sabotage us. And just sits back laughing his *** off @ how far he's been able to get away with this joke.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Actually it seems pretty telling. We knew Nolan was a disaster and the middle of the line was terrible. Really hard to grade your LB when the DTs aren't keeping the OL off them.

I can see why you wouldn't grade these guys. If the guy ahead of you gets an F, you aren't going to do well.

lkelly

Reaction score
37f1e5539b5a6f862d6a2d8274e4ddc7.jpg

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
They all got grades and 1..... participation trophy. 1st place.

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Hey! He sat in his basement and graded every player of every game for the whole 2019 season! He said so himself!

Then he admitted to literally lying about it top get the job. Yikes.
Can’t trust him.
He’s a “looks the part” coach that is just happy to collect a check while he rides the coattails of another franchise quarterback.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
To be totally fair, I seriously doubt it's likely for a staff to avoid noting their defense's ineptitude.
It's obvious enough for anyone to see. :angry: Coach Nolan would never have been fired, if so.

Last edited: