Twitter: McCarthy and Philbin Discussing Assistant HC Role

visionary

Reaction score
Part of your post:
Question to Plasticman: would McCarthy have agreed to be the HC if he were told he would gave as little control as Garrett did?

I pointed out that McCarty didn't have extensive control in Green Bay. Many Head Coaches have more input to the draft and player acquisition than McCarty had in Green Bay.

please the title of the thread you are posting in

then look up the word “context”

then read the FULL post I responded to

then stop

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao:
3lvbg9.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

nobody

Reaction score
Do you think Jerry had ever heard of Kris Richard? Yes Jason was allowed to bring his assistants in. He had a lot more power than people think. He just didn’t have full power that you’d prefer like determining which assistants handle offensive playcalling.

I do think he at least had more of Jerry's ear than people thought. Jerry asked Garrett what he thought about McCarthy and Garrett basically recommended him to Jerry as his replacement. It makes you wonder.

https://sports.yahoo.com/jerry-jone...er-cowboys-coach-jason-garrett-215629918.html

And because McCarthy made a lot of the same mistakes Garrett did (albeit with mostly better results), perhaps Garrett plans to take a year off to study as his replacement did.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/mike-mccarthy-is-not-just-another-jason-garrett/

The more I read about the new HC, the more "wait and see" I am about him. I think this new hire might be more of the same, but hope otherwise.

But yeah, I think Garrett had a lot more influence than people thought, given that Jerry asked him about his replacement.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
It’s Mike Fisher so take that as you want. What could that role entail?

Because Philbin is the OL coach?

Reason teams give guys a assistant HC role is because the only way he could interview for another job is if its for a HC role and not just a OC role.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
If you pay attention to what goes on in the league- and I know most of ya'll are clueless in that regard - these titles often mean nothing.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
It also means he's the No. 2 guy, not offensive coordinator Kellen Moore. IMO, if McCarthy is not calling the plays himself, it will be Philbin.

McCarthy aint stupid like Wade was.

In any organization, you NEVER let your possible replacement work directly under you.

You think McCarthy is going to let the lone holdover from the Garrett era be his number 2? Yeah, right. Like I said, Big Mike aint stupid.

GMO415

Reaction score
If MM is calling the offensive plays, he'll need an AHC to watch game management decisions

blueblood70

Reaction score
semantics, not important..results are important..

we actually have something to look forward to I 2020, lots of new car smell, not new but you know the new car smell spray for the almost new car...but new nonetheless..preseason will be the most closely watched games then they have been in sometime..

Valkyr

Reaction score
Well, if he ever becomes interim HC, we can call him "Phoolbin".

MikeB80

Reaction score
All the coaches? You are saying Garrett hired all of the other coaches?

I am saying from the time he signed here he put in his offense and brought in whoever he wanted essentially for most of his time on the offense.