McCarthy at Alabama Pro Day

Motorola

Reaction score
I hope that's a nickname and not his "actual" given name.
Why does it matter?
It doesn't. I'm just trying to imagine a little kid growing up with the name Kool Aid. His name can be Mickey Mouse for all I care if he's a game changing player!! LOL
"McKinstry told the origin story of his moniker when he was in high school. AL.com reported that he said his grandmother gave him that nickname because he was born smiling. The Kool-Aid cartoon character is always seen with a smile on its face, of course." - [link]

Ga'Quincy is his first name. That worries me more than the nickname, lol.
For being such a standout HS player as a senior--- Mr. Alabama Football, USA Today Defensive Player of the Year, and rated a 5-Star recuit, then signed by Alabama --- McKinstry, as a college freshman, inked an NIL deal with Kool-Aid (the drink-mix brand is owned by Kraft-Heinz).

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
I can't see Latham as a LT, his feet are not that great but hey maybe I'm wrong.

morasp

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind burton if they don't take a WR in the top two tiers.

Motorola

Reaction score
Good luck to him. This franchise has not even helped him beat his old club once out of two tries.
Given the way his tenure ended in Green Bay, everyone knows those two games have to be gnawing on his football mind\soul.
First time___McCarthy's return to Lambeau...Cowboys have a two touchdown, double-the-score (28-14) lead going into the 4th qtr...but wind up losing by a FG in OT.
Second time___9 & 1/2 weeks ago...conference 2nd seed and "stone cold lead pipe lock to advance to the divisional round" Cowboys get a home beatdown by his former team...led by a QB in his first season as a starter \ first playoff game.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Given the way his tenure ended in Green Bay, everyone knows those two games have to be gnawing on his football mind\soul.
First time___McCarthy's return to Lambeau...Cowboys have a two touchdown, double-the-score (28-14) lead going into the 4th qtr...but wind up losing by a FG in OT.
Second time___9 & 1/2 weeks ago...conference 2nd seed and "stone cold lead pipe lock to advance to the divisional round" Cowboys get a home beatdown by his former team...led by a QB in his first season as a starter \ first playoff game.
The playoff loss was epic in relation to NFL history. I cannot even fathom just how embarrassing it was to McCarthy.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would be "Kool" if he put that on his jersey and not his last name. :laugh:
oh-yeah-oh-yeah-gif.gif

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Guess that moves Latham to top of our list. Doubt Mike is there for Turner or Kool Aid

Motorola

Reaction score
The playoff loss was epic in relation to NFL history. I cannot even fathom just how embarrassing it was to McCarthy.
And to throw salt on the wounds...in covering the news of Tyron Smith leaving the Cowboys, it was noted that the last game played at AT&T Stadium before our Stately Left Offensive Tackle became a member of the Cowboys was SB XLV...Steelers v. Packers.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If you're going to go to one school's pro day looking for future NFL talent, can't think of a better one to attend.

LittleD

Reaction score
Fat Mike knows that the only groceries he's getting this year is 6 draft picks. With the bare cupboard he has on the OL and DL, good luck for next season.

rambo2

Reaction score
Fat Mike knows that the only groceries he's getting this year is 6 draft picks. With the bare cupboard he has on the OL and DL, good luck for next season.
Their first 3 picks should be good players. They need to hit on them.