McCarthy at ND pro day

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
Odd. We've got no chance at Alt and there is no one else there worth a first.

morasp

Reaction score
Blake FIsher

Fisher needs to do a better job with consistency and finishing blocks, but he has the tape and tools to become a starter at either tackle spot.

“Fisher is the more naturally talented of the Notre Dame tackles, but (Joe) Alt is much more consistent and technically sound.” - AFC personnel executive

Mr_437

Reaction score
RB Estime
OT Fisher
QB Hartman
I can see why McCarthy showed up. These guys are a little further down in the draft, and it's good to see if you can find a gem.

Hope, Big Mike took a look at those ND LBs too while he was there, maybe DQ threw him a bone on Marist.

Sydla

Reaction score
Blake FIsher

Fisher needs to do a better job with consistency and finishing blocks, but he has the tape and tools to become a starter at either tackle spot.

“Fisher is the more naturally talented of the Notre Dame tackles, but (Joe) Alt is much more consistent and technically sound.” - AFC personnel executive
That comment from the AFC guy is a bit of a reach. Fisher is naturally gifted but as combine testing showed, Alt is pretty darn athletic for his size.

Plankton

Reaction score
That comment from the AFC guy is a bit of a reach. Fisher is naturally gifted but as combine testing showed, Alt is pretty darn athletic for his size.
Alt was a TE in high school. He's a very good athlete.

Sydla

Reaction score
Alt was a TE in high school. He's a very good athlete.
Will be interesting to see where Fisher goes. I've seen some say Day 2 pick. So, if the Cowboys went interior OL early would they consider coming back with Fisher in the 3rd?

1942willys

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see where Fisher goes. I've seen some say Day 2 pick. So, if the Cowboys went interior OL early would they consider coming back with Fisher in the 3rd?
As a ND fan I would like to see Fisher taken high; but as a Cowboy fan I am less enthusiastic. Actually I was not that impressed by Alt.

Plankton

Reaction score
I can see them doing that. Fisher has a lot of talent - hell, he was the starting LT as a freshman before he hurt his knee against Florida St in the opener. Just needs to play with better knee bend and intensity.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
RB Estime
OT Fisher
QB Hartman
I can see why McCarthy showed up. These guys are a little further down in the draft, and it's good to see if you can find a gem.

Hope, Big Mike took a look at those ND LBs too while he was there, maybe DQ threw him a bone on Marist.
Exactly.

Look at the Cowboys 30 visits list for example... the team doesn't just invite early-round prospects. Markquise Bell was a 30 invite. These guys invest time and effort into looking for late round talent too, and there's enough at ND to be worth a look.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Fisher is so stiff. He and Asim Richards will be getting QBs killed.

The RB is Nose Tackle slow.

Hartman is awful.

Maybe they like the tall CB.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hahaha, nothing is better than the pro day workouts where guys suddenly run blistering 40s compared to their combine results.
Honestly I think anyone is drafting Estime for speed. I think he is a good option if we get a 4th back in a trade down