McCarthy at ND pro day

Rayman70

Reaction score
Estime is a hammer that wears defenses out between the tackles late in games. Hes not everyone's cup of tea. But he is very good at what he does. He has a nose for the yardsticks and the endzone.

Gambit

Reaction score
Exactly.

Look at the Cowboys 30 visits list for example... the team doesn't just invite early-round prospects. Markquise Bell was a 30 invite. These guys invest time and effort into looking for late round talent too, and there's enough at ND to be worth a look.
I'd say most years they invest more time looking at late round talent.

This year at combine felt a little different with what positions of top players they spent most of time with.

Sydla

Reaction score
Fisher is a target if you are taking him Day 3 IMO. But I suspect he won't last until our 5th where I would consider taking him. I mentioned would the Cowboys look at him in the 3rd? I am not sure I'd take him there.

Estime is clearly a 2nd tier back. Yeah, he's not fast but he's not a plodder. The oddity is there are some that think he's slow but want to take Allen from Wiscy, who is likely slower (and tested worse than Estime). But you take Estime, you have to understand you aren't getting a home run guy, you are getting a mauler.

Alt is the only sure fire ND draft prospect. The rest are middle to late round guys IMO. King mentioned Cam Hart. He might be worth a look on Day 3 too.

Hartman? LOL. Great hair. Not a NFL QB prospect. He's your quintessential college ceiling guy. The kid ND took as a transfer this year, Leonard, has a much higher ceiling than Hartman.

1942willys

Reaction score
Estime ran 4,58 so that will help him

I know I am in the minority here but having watched every Notre Dame game the past years that Fisher and Alt have played I simply do not see what all the hype for Alt is about. I saw him have trouble with guys who will never make an NFL roster. FIsher I think goes inside.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Fisher is a target if you are taking him Day 3 IMO. But I suspect he won't last until our 5th where I would consider taking him. I mentioned would the Cowboys look at him in the 3rd? I am not sure I'd take him there.

Estime is clearly a 2nd tier back. Yeah, he's not fast but he's not a plodder. The oddity is there are some that think he's slow but want to take Allen from Wiscy, who is likely slower (and tested worse than Estime). But you take Estime, you have to understand you aren't getting a home run guy, you are getting a mauler.

Alt is the only sure fire ND draft prospect. The rest are middle to late round guys IMO. King mentioned Cam Hart. He might be worth a look on Day 3 too.

Hartman? LOL. Great hair. Not a NFL QB prospect. He's your quintessential college ceiling guy. The kid ND took as a transfer this year, Leonard, has a much higher ceiling than Hartman.
I think Fisher, Wilson and the LBr are likely
targets.