Twitter: McCarthy considered safe but changes could come on defense

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Status quo incoming..

Win against the Bengals today to hurt our future.

Sign Dak..

Hope for health..

New defensive coordinator.

By 2024 we might open a 1 or 2 year window for a Super Bowl and have some exciting mediocrity inbetween.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
I'd also check the ST coach. Some questionable calls that turned a couple games with a fake punt. It only worked once. Why keep going back to it?

The defense problem is they play as individuals and not as a unit. The secondary is lacking in the basic fundamental skills like turning your head around. The line opens up like a dam. So it's "easy money." Tackling, creating turnovers and 3 and outs have all been just putrid with these guys.

I've given up on this season.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Jerry has never fired a coach after 1 year so why would McCarthy be the first after having a track record of success in Green Bay? He was always going to be back unless he refuses to replace some defensive staff members and there's a big blowup.

Nolan should be replaced at minimum. The question I have is does the core group of players have confidence in the staff?

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The question I have is does the core group of players have confidence in the staff?
The offensive players will be OK once Dak gets back. Dlaw is a Cowboy team player & will be OK. We forget he went twice on that franchise tag before pushing the point. Who else on the D side really matters?

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
Jerry has never fired a coach after 1 year so why would McCarthy be the first after having a track record of success in Green Bay? He was always going to be back unless he refuses to replace some defensive staff members and there's a big blowup.

Nolan should be replaced at minimum. The question I have is does the core group of players have confidence in the staff?

Some of the core players needed to be looked at as well. Some have been playing bad ball. Anyone have confidence in the money players?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I never liked Nolan and said so when he was hired. I was underwhelmed as a whole with McCarthy's staff actually. However, firing Nolan after one year, and a year with no offseason, wouldn't speak well for McCarthy's judgment and belief in his vision.

I would have never hired him so I would certainly fire him but the head coach believed in him. To do a complete 180 after one lockdown affected season would just make McCarthy look clueless.

wecasa

Reaction score
I predict no meaningful coaching changes. A few insignificant free agent signings on defense. Defense heavy draft and the same old song and dance next season.