Twitter: McCarthy considered safe but changes could come on defense

MikeB80

Reaction score
all I know is that the new coaching staff hasn't done a single thing to warrant the moves Jerry made,,, quite the opposite.

not-impressed-meme.jpg

this staff is terrible.

This team is about to get swept by washington, lose to cleveland and the bengals in the same season. Probably get swept by the eagles also.

been a while since we have reached lows like this.

Majic

Reaction score
Just me but based on this, it's hard to say if he's talking coaching or personnel. My guess, it's both........remember Jerry talked about starting over or hitting the reset button on D.

Who's going on DEF. Won't be Jaylon

Beaker42

Reaction score
I never liked Nolan and said so when he was hired. I was underwhelmed as a whole with McCarthy's staff actually. However, firing Nolan after one year, and a year with no offseason, wouldn't speak well for McCarthy's judgment and belief in his vision.

I would have never hired him so I would certainly fire him but the head coach believed in him. To do a complete 180 after one lockdown affected season would just make McCarthy look clueless.
Which he and this entire staff absolutely are. We’ve seen heir vision and I sure as s**t don’t like it. Not one bit. MM is worse than Gailey, Campo and Garrett combined.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Which he and this entire staff absolutely are. We’ve seen heir vision and I sure as s**t don’t like it. Not one bit. MM is worse than Gailey, Campo and Garrett combined.
And Campo won 5 games three years in a row with less talent than this roster, lol.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Status quo incoming..

Win against the Bengals today to hurt our future.

Sign Dak..

Hope for health..

New defensive coordinator.

By 2024 we might open a 1 or 2 year window for a Super Bowl and have some exciting mediocrity inbetween.
We aren’t winning against the Bengals. This team has quit and it showed in the 2nd half against the Ravens. They were literally getting ran over time and time again. Bengals will do the same. They do not care. And Dalton couldn’t care less about playing against his former team. 3-13 will be our final record.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nah we still need more dawgs on d. A new coach will only help so much. Unfortunately i dont think amy rookies will come in and be dawgs from day 1 that would have to come from free agency

I was already considering we would get defensive help in FA and the draft. I guess I should have stated that.

cowboyec

Reaction score
so...leon lett to def coord...nolan coaches dline.
or edwards to def coord...nolan to lb's.

or nolan remains and they run a 4-3.

MMObserver

Reaction score
After 13 years as head coach up in GB, surely Big Mac must have a large pool of former defensive assistants to call upon if he decides his good buddy Mike Nolan is no longer up for the job. Right?

I mean, besides current Cowboys' coach SCOTT MCCURLEY who is doing such a stellar job coaching up the Linebackers this season just like he did in GB for all those "great" Big Mac defenses, guys such as DOM CAPERS or WINSTON MOSS or MIKE TRGOVAC or DARREN PERRY, all longtime Big Mac defensive assistants with the Packers, should all be available next season.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Status quo incoming..

Win against the Bengals today to hurt our future.

Sign Dak..

Hope for health..

New defensive coordinator.

By 2024 we might open a 1 or 2 year window for a Super Bowl and have some exciting mediocrity inbetween.
Or. Dont sign Dak. Give up years of first round draft capital to do what you want to do. And if Trevor busts. Which is very possible. We are now left with no QB and no picks to get one.
Or we can start dalton and see no drop off at all right? Lol

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Or. Dont sign Dak. Give up years of first round draft capital to do what you want to do. And if Trevor busts. Which is very possible. We are now left with no QB and no picks to get one.
Or we can start dalton and see no drop off at all right? Lol

We suck with Dak.

As the team has dwindled so have our winning ways with him.

He’s too team dependent to pay top dollar. It’s obvious if you just pay attention.

jnday

Reaction score
I never liked Nolan and said so when he was hired. I was underwhelmed as a whole with McCarthy's staff actually. However, firing Nolan after one year, and a year with no offseason, wouldn't speak well for McCarthy's judgment and belief in his vision.

I would have never hired him so I would certainly fire him but the head coach believed in him. To do a complete 180 after one lockdown affected season would just make McCarthy look clueless.
Would make them look clueless? They have been clueless for over 25 years now. I don’t think anybody has the opinion that the organization is anything but clueless at this point. Jerry is a well respected owner from a business standpoint, but I can’t think of anybody in the football world that respects him as a GM and football man. MM knew that the job is a reputation killer when he was hired.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I was already considering we would get defensive help in FA and the draft. I guess I should have stated that.
Problem is we never spend in FA and the cap supposedly will be low. I dont think mext year will look much different record wise

phildadon86

Reaction score
We suck with Dak.

As the team has dwindled so have our winning ways with him.

He’s too team dependent to pay top dollar. It’s obvious if you just pay attention.
Lol. What’s obvious is you don’t like him. And it has nothing to do with football. We don’t suck with Dak. We’ve had 1 losing season with him. Lol. You’re ridiculous