Twitter: McCarthy: Cowboys 1 offseason goal is addressing penalties

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Just because it didn’t happen in season doesn’t mean it wasn’t a point of emphasis. It’s much hard to coach bad habits out of guys in season than during an entire offseason. if they willingly make it a direct initiative to stop the penalties and mm holds people accountable all offseason- ota’s, training camp, pre season etc than I think you can see a correlation

Daillest88

Reaction score
Good start , should of be been main focus earlier on. Cowboys were a 12-5 team.. sometimes I felt like it was 5-12, just an odd season. First 7 games of the year this team was fun to watch. If there a coaching change I hope it’s Atleast the offense line coach. And Moore can go too

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Ridiculous tat the penalties persisted all season. However, I have a hunch that DQ instructed the DL to attempt some sneaky holds in order to keep the LBs clean due to the way San Fran runs the ball.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The problem only has one solution, get rid of the perps. Williams and Gregory have been doing this, just as Pozderac did back in Landry's day. He finally solved the problem by getting rid of the player.

They had this problem with Flozell but he balanced that out by being an outstanding LT. Neither Williams nor Gregory is outstanding.

Want to get the rest of the team's attention? Fire those two and let it be known just why they're gone. Now, do the rest of you want to pay attention?

Gregory is just lazy and stupid. Plenty of players smoked pot and committed infractions but they're smart enough not to get caught. I despise players that screw up and then laugh about it.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The problem only has one solution, get rid of the perps. Williams and Gregory have been doing this, just as Pozderac did back in Landry's day. He finally solved the problem by getting rid of the player.

They had this problem with Flozell but he balanced that out by being an outstanding LT. Neither Williams nor Gregory is outstanding.

Want to get the rest of the team's attention? Fire those two and let it be known just why they're gone. Now, do the rest of you want to pay attention?

I mean its a process Coach..they just figured out this season penalties are bad...its going to take another season to figure out why they are happening....

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Next year it will be something else. This offseason we aere going to focus on catching the ball. Etc.

Tangle_Foot

Reaction score
Discipline Big Mike discipline. Big Mike was hired as an offensive guy, a play caller. In Year one he said that Kellen Moore would continue to call plays because of terminology and familiarity, but still he has not put his stamp on the offense. He seems unable to take control, so I have my doubts about him demanding the discipline needed to clear up the penalties and have this team fundamentally sound. That was such a bad outing on wild card weekend to have on your resume.

Sydla

Reaction score
Rule #1
You take your losses without complaint, the league knows it's manipulating games and it's not your place to point it out,,,, or else.

Except they aren't.

But the tin foil hate society just keeps on keeping on, I guess.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's kind of depressing that we are going to have to go through this again with this same coach making the same mistakes in 2023.