McCarthy deserves better than this

Doomsday101

Reaction score
You give Paxton Lynch 3 All-Pro linemen and the best RB in the NFL and things might have been different for him. A lot of QBs (1 did) could've made a career off handing it off to Zeke.

Manziel was a lost cause for anybody.

I doubt that he is no longer in the NFL playing USFL and was not on a bad Denver team. Fact is being a 1st rd pick as a QB ensure you nothing.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Man I agree. I felt sympathy for him watching that 5 minutes in. I had to stop watching it was s painful listening to Jerry's blithering. It was like a propaganda canned video and the media in the room was playing along with it. That made it much worse. Jerry and Stevie were NEVER challenged by the media.
The Media are afraid to ask tough questions for some strange reason...

Rayman70

Reaction score
McCarthy is castrated at this point. Thats what I see. I saw a defeated man yesterday just going thru the motions.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I actually think Jerry and Stephen want Peyton more than he wants them. He surely has a firsthand knowledge as to how they operate, so that would likely have a significant bearing upon how he feels. As of now, he's committed himself to being a TB commentator and that's probably what suits him the best until such time as he's had enough of it. It's for sure that the time he'll be required on the job would be far less than as a HC.
Sean is one of the few who might have success here, because we would know to demand control in his contract.
Problem is we cant afford to give up the draft picks for his rights....

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I doubt that he is no longer in the NFL playing USFL and was not on a bad Denver team. Fact is being a 1st rd pick as a QB ensure you nothing.
We'll never know and none of that matter now anyways, so I'm not gonna argue with you about it because you're willfully blind to issues with this team.

Let us that are able to unbiasedly talk about problems with this team do so.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
We'll never know and none of that matter now anyways, so I'm not gonna argue with you about it because you're willfully blind to issues with this team.

Let us that are able to unbiasedly talk about problems with this team do so.

Of course not but you use hypothetical so you make up the ending the way you choose. I'm not blind to anything, I just do not think Dak is the problem and you do. Just get rid of Dak and all out problems are resolved, same with Romo fact is both have played well for the Cowboys.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can’t imagine Peyton joining this crap show as another puppet. Unless his phone isn’t ringing.
Sean Peyton will never join this circus….unless….there are serious changes in how this ownership operates. He would have to have a Jimmy or Parcells type contract where he would have real HC authority. Anyone betting the Jones cartel allows that?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Garrett was a puppet, Romo would have gotten his job back from Dak.
Jethro was better off losing with Dak than Romo. And that’s why he made the decision not Jason.

If Jethro had benched his rookie sensation who’d won 11 in a row and Romo came back only to lose again in playoffs , Jethro would have been bashed . And why losing with Dak was an easier path for him.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Of course not but you use hypothetical so you make up the ending the way you choose. I'm not blind to anything, I just do not think Dak is the problem and you do. Just get rid of Dak and all out problems are resolved, same with Romo fact is both have played well for the Cowboys.
I know you like pretty end of the season stats and I'm more of a "what did those pretty stats lead to" type of person. So we're never going to agree.

You prefer "playing well" while I prefer winning regardless of what your play look like. That goes for every player, not just the QB, because it takes a team. I don't care if we have the #1 offense in the NFL and a top 10 defense. What did it lead to? When "playing well" becomes more impressive than winning then you're part of the problem with this organization.

And by "winning" I mean actual playoff success. It's sad that I have clarify that because I know you and your buds will brag about winning the NFC Least every few years.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
MM knew what he was getting into with Jerry Jones long before he came to the interview. He even lied to get the job.
He's is getting everything happening to him and that will happen to him because he ask for it.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Romo lost his job to Dak because of his bad back. He was in bad enough shape with that injury for his career to be over. That's what finished him.
Romo was healthy enough to come back at the end of the season. His back ended his career though.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Jethro was better off losing with Dak than Romo. And that’s why he made the decision not Jason.

If Jethro had benched his rookie sensation who’d won 11 in a row and Romo came back only to lose again in playoffs , Jethro would have been bashed . And why losing with Dak was an easier path for him.
Jerrah wanted Romo out there. He said as much during his press conferences. In the end it was Garrett’s decision. Romo hated Garrett for not standing by him.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Sean Peyton will never join this circus….unless….there are serious changes in how this ownership operates. He would have to have a Jimmy or Parcells type contract where he would have real HC authority. Anyone betting the Jones cartel allows that?
:hammer:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerrah wanted Romo out there. He said as much during his press conferences. In the end it was Garrett’s decision. Romo hated Garrett for not standing by him.
I’ll agree with you that Romo was angry with Jason for not going to bat for him. And no doubt initially Jethro wanted Romo out there . But ultimately Jethro went with what was best for his public perception which was Prescott.

visionary

Reaction score
My take away from yesterdays news conference is him sandwiched in between our dysfunctional ownership . He actually looked smaller if that’s possible .

I had been somewhat targeting him since his arrival but I feel sorry for him now. I know many fans had hope he was going to be our savior but he has no chance over coming these fools . He’s become just another puppet. And probably always was since he stayed over at Jethro’s .

I can’t see him surviving another season barring something we haven’t seen this era which isn’t likely. And for his sake he deserves something better.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn’t totally grasp the crap show he was getting himself into. What a Shonda our Cowboys have become .

not really
he’s here for the money and knew what he was getting into it he would have asked for more control