McCarthy deserves better than this

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Romo was healthy enough to come back at the end of the season. His back ended his career though.

I think you're mistaken about Romo being healthy again. He knew he was done and so did the FO. They made the final decision on Romo.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was anyone expecting different than what they got? The level of masochism just to watch that is impressive.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
It's anyone's guess what might happen with the Cowboys HC position if MM doesn't cut the mustard this year. His job as HC depends greatly upon how well this team is able to rebound from their playoff swoon of 2021. I think the Dallas FO is seriously considering a restructuring in 2023 and would, most likely, call it a "retooling." In any event, it's entirely possible some big changes may be in order in the offseason before 2023. We shall see.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Was anyone expecting different than what they got? The level of masochism just to watch that is impressive.
But it’s still painful to watch. But it reminds me why we have become what we are. And why it’s important to see. Then you don’t have any questions why we suk.

CWR

Reaction score
My take away from yesterdays news conference is him sandwiched in between our dysfunctional ownership . He actually looked smaller if that’s possible .

I had been somewhat targeting him since his arrival but I feel sorry for him now. I know many fans had hope he was going to be our savior but he has no chance over coming these fools . He’s become just another puppet. And probably always was since he stayed over at Jethro’s .

I can’t see him surviving another season barring something we haven’t seen this era which isn’t likely. And for his sake he deserves something better.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn’t totally grasp the crap show he was getting himself into. What a Shonda our Cowboys have become .

No he doesn't. He had a choice, either grow a backbone or be complicit. The same guy that lied to get the job, probably wasn't involved in the offense because he didn't want to be. Otherwise you're telling me he would rather jeopardize his legacy as a coach than stand up and do it his way.

My take is that he is fine with how things are ran. If he wasn't he'd adjust and act accordingly.

Screw MM. He left a struggling OC for dead, in a playoff game.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
My take away from yesterdays news conference is him sandwiched in between our dysfunctional ownership . He actually looked smaller if that’s possible .

I had been somewhat targeting him since his arrival but I feel sorry for him now. I know many fans had hope he was going to be our savior but he has no chance over coming these fools . He’s become just another puppet. And probably always was since he stayed over at Jethro’s .

I can’t see him surviving another season barring something we haven’t seen this era which isn’t likely. And for his sake he deserves something better.

I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he didn’t totally grasp the crap show he was getting himself into. What a Shonda our Cowboys have become .

Deserves better? oh please.... did he deserve a job? he got booted from GB for a reason.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No he doesn't. He had a choice, either grow a backbone or be complicit. The same guy that lied to get the job, probably wasn't involved in the offense because he didn't want to be. Otherwise you're telling me he would rather jeopardize his legacy as a coach than stand up and do it his way.

My take is that he is fine with how things are ran. If he wasn't he'd adjust and act accordingly.

Screw MM. He left a struggling OC for dead, in a playoff game.
It’s difficult to say if MM has any control at all. He certainly didn’t over Moore and the offense .

Reactions: CWR

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I’ll agree with you that Romo was angry with Jason for not going to bat for him. And no doubt initially Jethro wanted Romo out there . But ultimately Jethro went with what was best for his public perception which was Prescott.
I can’t fight you on that. In the end Jerrah is the Cowboys and he wants to be front in center. That is why he moved on from Jimmy and Parcells.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Garrett was a puppet, Romo would have gotten his job back from Dak.
I think that's what caused the riff between them, Garrett didn't fight hard enough for Romo. Garrett made the first mistake, being a buddy with his player. Romo was right to expect his friend to fight for him.

Praxit

Reaction score
..not winning that playoff game Vs SF, did him in. No way, he makes it past this year.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I think that's what caused the riff between them, Garrett didn't fight hard enough for Romo. Garrett made the first mistake, being a buddy with his player. Romo was right to expect his friend to fight for him.
Garrett was close with Witten and Murray as well. They would all go to games together. Never forget when they all went to a Duke basketball game.:huh::facepalm:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Deserves better? oh please.... did he deserve a job? he got booted from GB for a reason.
Almost everyone gets fired eventually even if you’re a legend . Unless you know when to step down.

And I thought he was more of a puppet from the beginning than most with the Moore situation .

But watching yesterday I think it was clear how he sees this as a crap show. And maybe you’re right that he’s ok with it. And it’s just a paycheck .

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I know you like pretty end of the season stats and I'm more of a "what did those pretty stats lead to" type of person. So we're never going to agree.

You prefer "playing well" while I prefer winning regardless of what your play look like. That goes for every player, not just the QB, because it takes a team. I don't care if we have the #1 offense in the NFL and a top 10 defense. What did it lead to? When "playing well" becomes more impressive than winning then you're part of the problem with this organization.

And by "winning" I mean actual playoff success. It's sad that I have clarify that because I know you and your buds will brag about winning the NFC Least every few years.

I actually agree that stats mean little if you don't win.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’m not sure it would have mattered if Jason went to bat for him.

Jethro went with what was considered the easiest decision for him publicly which he would have been totally fried publicly benching this Rookie sensation and then Romo losing in the playoffs again .

And why it was easier losing with Dak and ultimately moving on from Romo who had his lack of success in playoffs and injury concerns working against him.

It’s why not having a regular GM hurts us so much as we all saw how good Romo looked in his brief appearance and if your job depended on playoff success not public perception you go with Romo knowing you have Prescott if you need him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Jerry will give MM and Moore a chance to rebound from their woes of 2021 with dual control of the offense. If it doesn't go well, the party's over. I wouldn't be surprised if another HC and another OC get the welcome mat spread out for them in 2023. I'm sure JJ and son would be pleased if a rebound somehow manages to materialize in the upcoming season. It will surely be intriguing to see how it goes in the season ahead. It'll surely be "entertaining." ;)

In any case, that's possibly what's in store in the season to come , , , and for now, on to the draft. :)

Last edited: