Twitter: McCarthy feels good about the foundation going forward

Aven8

Reaction score
I like me some Mike. He’s the anti JG. I’m just ready to finally see his face on the sidelines and get rid of the mask.

Doomsday77

Reaction score
I'm not sure I buy "the right foundation"...what foundation? QB? Ok we can check that box as well as the skills position on offense. The O-line doesn't have a foundation and neither does the D-Line or secondary for that matter. So what foundation is he talking about? A for-profit ?? Ahhhh....Ok that makes sense, one of the Jones's foundations.

DCwarrior

Reaction score
What’s not to like with a foundation full of all pros? Oh wait... never mind!

Aven8

Reaction score
I guess there aren't many of us on this island. Hard to believe so many don't comprehend the injury issues this team had to deal with this year.

Right......had Dak just survived the injury we would be getting ready for Tampa tomorrow. We started to get better defensively and would have beaten Pitts and Wash the second go around. Might have even beaten Balty. That would have been like a 8 game win streak to close the season.

InTheZone

Reaction score
as long as it means half our starting defense is scrapped and we have a viable 2nd QB to compete I'm down.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right......had Dak just survived the injury we would be getting ready for Tampa tomorrow. We started to get better defensively and would have beaten Pitts and Wash the second go around. Might have even beaten Balty. That would have been like a 8 game win streak to close the season.

Right and you can tell that by 2019 when he led us to the playoffs.

Aven8

Reaction score
Right and you can tell that by 2019 when he led us to the playoffs.

No, I’m going off what Gilbert almost did against Pitts, and being down to Wash 20-16 with Dalton in the 3rd.

You hate to say it RS, but you know you he’s a million times better than those dudes. Now our D still sucked but at least they started to actually resemble a D by then....

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I don't think this year was going anywhere anyway with as bad as the defense was and is, so I'm okay with the bumps happening when Dak and 80% of the OL was hurt anyway.

I do think it was very positive that the team picked it up late in the year when they could have cratered after that horrible stretch in the middle of the year. With relatively high draft picks and maybe a new DC plus the staff getting a real training camp, I think next year will be pretty good.

Aven8

Reaction score
I don't think this year was going anywhere anyway with as bad as the defense was and is, so I'm okay with the bumps happening when Dak and 80% of the OL was hurt anyway.

I do think it was very positive that the team picked it up late in the year when they could have cratered after that horrible stretch in the middle of the year. With relatively high draft picks and maybe a new DC plus the staff getting a real training camp, I think next year will be pretty good.

The D just doesn’t have the players yet, regardless of DC. I would have enjoyed a game tomorrow however. I found it hilarious when Fire Mike threads started at like game 3 however. Ridiculous

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess there aren't many of us on this island. Hard to believe so many don't comprehend the injury issues this team had to deal with this year.
I understand he was in a tough spot, and I'm still hopeful. But some of his decisions are beyond "questionable", such as not challenging the catch against the Giants.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, I’m going off what Gilbert almost did against Pitts, and being down to Wash 20-16 with Dalton in the 3rd.

You hate to say it RS, but you know you he’s a million times better than those dudes. Now our D still sucked but at least they started to actually resemble a D by then....

Oh he's obviously better. 2019 proves that.