Twitter: McCarthy feels good about the foundation going forward

DandyDon52

Reaction score
unique.....yes I agree lol
strong and powerful ? :laugh:

family first ? yes the jones boys get to do what they want and mm says yes sir where is my check?:thumbdown:

garyv

Reaction score
If there's one guy I can trust to determine solid foundations it's McCarthy.

Personally some will disagree I like McCarthy there was some bad decisions such as the hiring of Mike Nolan very bad decision that alot
of us felt at the time. We need a top notch DC now. I am not really crazy about promoting Edwards to DC I believe he had input last season
and he was getting past his prime with the Vikings. I think they need to focus hot and heavy outside the organization for a DC that most
likely will pick the DL Coach.

RS12

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers doesn't think he's particularly bright. I think he's bright enough to cash Jerry's checks for the next 4 years. That's about the size of it.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I don't think this year was going anywhere anyway with as bad as the defense was and is, so I'm okay with the bumps happening when Dak and 80% of the OL was hurt anyway.

I do think it was very positive that the team picked it up late in the year when they could have cratered after that horrible stretch in the middle of the year. With relatively high draft picks and maybe a new DC plus the staff getting a real training camp, I think next year will be pretty good.

where does this line of thinking and expectations end at the end of every Cowboys season? Oh right. Disappointingly. Either eliminated from the playoffs entirely or in the divisional round.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers doesn't think he's particularly bright. I think he's bright enough to cash Jerry's checks for the next 4 years. That's about the size of it.
I'm not particularly impressed with Aaron Rodgers' opinions. He's too full of himself.

plymkr

Reaction score
I'm not sure I buy "the right foundation"...what foundation? QB? Ok we can check that box as well as the skills position on offense. The O-line doesn't have a foundation and neither does the D-Line or secondary for that matter. So what foundation is he talking about? A for-profit ?? Ahhhh....Ok that makes sense, one of the Jones's foundations.
Maybe his "foundations" are knowing where all the restaurants are. :lmao:

Swagger

Reaction score
When you think back to the 2016 play off game vs the Packers it was partly Prescott's poor play in the first quarter and a half as to why we fell too far behind and effectively lost the game in the first half yet it was McCarthy's poor negative play calling in the second half that almost handed us the W...we end up with both of the chumps! Hilarious really :facepalm::laugh:

cowboyed

Reaction score
Maybe his "foundations" are knowing where all the restaurants are. :lmao:

Tex-Mex cuisine has been very good to him.

On a more serious note, let's look forward to the defensive coaching changes. That will help our head coach. Too often our defensive players were in positional disarray throughout games going up against the even weaker offensive opponents.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
He’s not a smart coach and he’s lazy. He still looks like he’s retired. To win only one championship with Aaron Rodgers was a crime and his last season coaching him they had a losing record. The past 2 seasons packers have gotten home field. I wouldn’t have hired him just off of the turn around that lafluer did. Wish the giants signed him 2 yrs ago, now we are tied to him for 3 seasons. Not good

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
where does this line of thinking and expectations end at the end of every Cowboys season? Oh right. Disappointingly. Either eliminated from the playoffs entirely or in the divisional round.
That's why I said pretty good. I don' t think this is a Super Bowl team. I think we missed our SB window when Dak and Zeke were cheap and the OL was the best in the league as Jerry stuck with his pet project at HC for too many years.

They could definitely win this division and make the playoffs, though.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
McCalorie’s last 3 NFL seasons:

7-9

6-9-1

6-10

I’m predicting we finish 5-10-1 next season.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
When you think back to the 2016 play off game vs the Packers it was partly Prescott's poor play in the first quarter and a half as to why we fell too far behind and effectively lost the game in the first half yet it was McCarthy's poor negative play calling in the second half that almost handed us the W...we end up with both of the chumps! Hilarious really :facepalm::laugh:

Cracks me up when people talk about this game and it's Dak this, Dak that.

Green Bay's first three possessions of the game:

5 plays, 75 yards, TD
13 plays, 90 yards, TD
9 plays, 80 yards, TD

You can count on one hand how often any team has won a playoff game after allowing 3 long TD drives to start the game. Still, the Cowboys tied the game with only 35 seconds left. Going to OT, right? Not with the Cowboys defense.

6 plays, 43 yards, FG, season is over in 35 seconds. Stupid Dak.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
What foundation?

Mike has very little to do with offense. Still the same system Garrett ran with Moore calling plays.

Mike has nothing to do on ST or defense either. If Mike wasn't on the sidelines during a game, nothing changes except who calls time outs.