Twitter: McCarthy feels good about the foundation going forward

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I can see why he is the perfect coach for Jerry.., makes him feel like he belongs as GM making all kinds of great executive decisions and his football knowledge is impeccable. Along with SJ. I agree on not seeing any real foundation here. Other than the two stumps he is standing on. Oh well, back to my siesta amigos.

plymkr

Reaction score
Tex-Mex cuisine has been very good to him.

On a more serious note, let's look forward to the defensive coaching changes. That will help our head coach. Too often our defensive players were in positional disarray throughout games going up against the even weaker offensive opponents.
I agree, the defense didn't do MM any favors this year. I am looking forward to seeing these guys with a better coach next year.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
The foundation is so strong the defensive coordinator got fired after season 1.

75boyz

Reaction score
McCalorie’s last 3 NFL seasons:

7-9

6-9-1

6-10

I’m predicting we finish 5-10-1 next season.

I'm at 6-10 just like I predicted last year before injuries and before covid.

So 6-10 again I say.
That's consistent at least.

75boyz

Reaction score
What foundation?

Mike has very little to do with offense. Still the same system Garrett ran with Moore calling plays.

Mike has nothing to do on ST or defense either. If Mike wasn't on the sidelines during a game, nothing changes except who calls time outs.

Yes, this. The ultimate walk around coach who is challenge flag challenged.
And as much as those sharing this cliche has bugged me in the past I'll go ahead and share it here anyway. "Now don't go bringing logic into this discussion"

What foundation is he referring to again that he has zero input?

Nolan was "first" choice.
On pins and needles awaiting his second I tell ya...lol :)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
McCarthy says he feels good about the foundation moving forward. What else is he supposed to say? Have you ever heard a coach say they don’t feel good about the foundation moving forward? Lol I’m sure if they asked him specifically about the defensive foundation he would’ve felt good about that moving forward. I remember how he praised Everson Griffin after he was released saying he did everything we asked him to do and was wonderful. :rolleyes: