Twitter: McCarthy: I belong in the playoffs

Rayman70

Reaction score
I bet The The Giants,Panthers,Jags,Fins,Jets, Chargers, Denver,Minny,Bears and others would LOVE to have hired Mike M right about now. This dude gets too much abuse for a winner that he is. Just not at Green Bay...before that even. His best trait is he surrounds himself with solid coaches and the messaging never is blurred. He keeps it simple. He is the Anti Garrett.Glad we have him. Damn straight he deserves some love.We dont get here without him. Without him, we don't get Quinn...or Joe Whitt. AL harris is a damned good db coach too.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
He meant buffet.

They must have misheard him.

My favorite part about this board is that in every positive thread I can count on you being in it no more then 10 posts down ******** on my favorite team. Thank you. You make this board so much better with your negative attitude. Keep it up!

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
MM has a 5-5 record in the playoffs since 2011.

He lost as the #1 seed at home in 2011.

He lost at home in the cold (to SF) in 2013.

His team had perhaps the worst NFC Championship Game meltdown ever in losing to Seattle in 2014.

Outside of his single SB run in 2010, MM's playoff record is 6-8.

Maybe things will change in Big D, but the notion that MM "excels in the playoffs" is certainly not one that most objective observers would ascribe to based upon MM's playoff coaching history.
It's a very short list of H.C's that can claim having coached 18 play off games.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
MM has a 5-5 record in the playoffs since 2011.

He lost as the #1 seed at home in 2011.

He lost at home in the cold (to SF) in 2013.

His team had perhaps the worst NFC Championship Game meltdown ever in losing to Seattle in 2014.

Outside of his single SB run in 2010, MM's playoff record is 6-8.

Maybe things will change in Big D, but the notion that MM "excels in the playoffs" is certainly not one that most objective observers would ascribe to based upon MM's playoff coaching history.
and all of that with one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He has a 10-8 post season record and took his two teams to the playoffs 10 times in 15 years. Yea, I'm on board with that.
Start popping off the top 6 QBs of the past 15 years and Id guess their coach has numbers that are just as good...... wow, what a coincidence.

How many years did Switzer take his teams to the playoffs? hell, he has same number of SBs that Mike has.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
My favorite part about this board is that in every positive thread I can count on you being in it no more then 10 posts down ******** on my favorite team. Thank you. You make this board so much better with your negative attitude. Keep it up!
Pipe down, kid.

All you do is whine about me when you have an ignore button you can use. You can't bring yourself to ignore me though. Because you care about my opinions too much.

I l live in your head rent free.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Start popping off the top 6 QBs of the past 15 years and Id guess their coach has numbers that are just as good...... wow, what a coincidence.

How many years did Switzer take his teams to the playoffs? hell, he has same number of SBs that Mike has.
Switzer? His team?

MMObserver

Reaction score
He has a 10-8 post season record and took his two teams to the playoffs 10 times in 15 years. Yea, I'm on board with that.

The indisputable record clearly reveals that MM was somehow able to "take" his team to the playoffs during 9 of his 13 years as head coach in Green Bay (and has now done so during 1 of his 2 seasons in Dallas).

However, the assertion (or hope?) that MM has "EXCELLED" as a coach in the playoffs (as posited by the original poster) might not be as indisputable, at least among less discerning observers of the NFL.

Less knowledgeable NFL fans might point out that while MM "took" GB to the playoffs 9 times he had hall of fame QBs behind center during each of his 13 seasons as the Packers coach and thus that getting to the playoffs <70% of the time while in GB was not really all that excellent of a record.

Such less knowledgeable fans might even contend that making the playoffs by having a better record most years than the Lions, Vikings, and Bears was perhaps not the greatest of coaching accomplishments given that those franchises were not very good when it comes to winning football games during MM's tenure in GB.

Truly ignorant fans might even reference MM's 1-5 playoff record against teams from the typically much stronger, more competitive NFC West as evidence that he did not actually EXCEL as a coach in the playoffs.

Unfortunately, those questioning whether MM truly EXCELS in the playoffs are likely to be the same type of fans who don't properly appreciate what a great accomplishment it was for MM to overcome so many roster obstacles and "take" the Cowboys to the playoffs in 2021.

I mean having a better record (with Dak at QB) than the Daniel Jones/Mike Glennon led Giants, Taylor Heinicke led WFT, and Jalen Hurts/Gardner Minshew led Eagles screams excellent coaching, does it not?

In any event, should be fun to see MM EXCEL coaching the Cowboys during the upcoming playoffs just like he did in leading Favre-Rodgers to all of those SB appearances while he was up in GB.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Big Mike deserves credit for helping to turn the team around this year.

He is a better coach than I thought and has earned my respect.

Agree 100%......His 2nd season we finished with a 12-5 record, and teams calling to interview BOTH of our coordinators. Yet some misguided fans/poster still don't like him. Absolutely love the direction he has this team going............,