McCarthy is a fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyed

Reaction score
GREAT POST

I actually believe many fans on here are glad we lost. I never seen so many call out posts and threads than ever before.
Place in overflowed with a bunch of whiners, and more and more are coming in.
I been trying not to post too much about all of this. But it is almost humorous anymore.

Seems fans on here are happier to lose so they can bash Jerry and the team. Then to win and give him credit.

I would call them over-reactors. New head coach, almost entirely new coaching staff, new players, hybrid defensive scheme, injury plagued offensive line, no pre-season games and less practices to iron out the kinks, on the road against a team that doesn't want to inaugurate a new 5 billion dollar stadium with a new season first game loss.

Yet the Rams didn't blow us out of the water winning 20-17. A ridiculous pass interference penalty against Gallup who caught a bomb in stride from Dak with about a half a minute left in the game, also presented a new set of downs at the Rams 15 yard line. There was a good probability we could have scored with at least 2 if not 3 down attempts.

Historically it has always been understood even with preseason games that when you have new coaches as well as new players you can expect to not be firing on all cylinders at the onset of a season. You likely will lose a game or two. I guess our team doesn't get that consideration from a number of its own fans, particularly in this forum.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I had two problems...
The first being don’t kick a 53 yd which is a turnover if you miss. Go for it or punt there.
If you are going to go on 4th down why run the draw in 3rd down? Stupid stupid stupid.
I am 100% for analytics but there is also game script and knowing your team. The TD would have won that game.
I thought the kick was stupid, but the run doesn't matter all that much if you know you're going to go for it on 4th. Better to have 4th and 3 than 4th and 6...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
One game...ONE GAME...ONE GAME....ONE GAME!

People have already lost their ever loving minds.

Ok, its one game.........Do you think another game is going to magically cure this defense? Dont forget that if its one thing that Cowboys fans have come used to seeing, its a team that looks like its headed for disappointment. How does a team consistently beat good teams with a defense like we have? Doesnt happen.

And with the Oline in shambles to expect the offense to consistently put up 35 points a week against all comers is unrealistic.

Now there is definitely still hope that we can squeak into the playoffs in a horrible NFC East, but all hope of this team being a dynamic contender and going 13-3 or something like that are no longer a possibility. The improved defense was the key to that and its clear that the defense may be even worse then last year.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
That video of McCarthy and other fired coaches gathered at their home felt very forced and contrived. That made me feel uneasy how hard they had to try to still be in the discussion. A bunch of fired coaches talking about nothing specific,

"..so Week 2 they play ATL..they have Matt Ryan...they play football too"

Last edited:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
It all started off with this, from the Cowboys press conference, when they hired Mike McCarthy:

It is clear that McCarthy hyped himself up as a "changed man" and an analytics guru, when his past tells us otherwise. He tells us he watched a ton of game film, then admitted he doesn't. Aaron Rodgers seems to think he's got a low football IQ.

The one thing McCarthy is good at is designing and calling offensive plays. What does he do when he gets here? He keeps the old offense and Kellen Moore. What happened on Sunday? It looked like the same old, same old.

I can't point to a single thing that happened on Sunday that I think Mike McCarthy improved. That's a huge problem, IMO. It looks pretty clear that McCarthy didn't want to put in the work of being the playcaller and just came here for one last cash grab. Jerry bought it, hook line and sinker.

McCarthy had 5 Interviews before he went to Dallas.

Of course Dallas put it like "hey we are a great franchise and MM decided because of this against the others and for us."

I guess reality looks more like: nobody wanted him so he went to Dallas as his last chance to coach again. As a really good coach who wants to win as his primary goal do you really want to coach here ? Me, i wouldnt.

But as a coach whos primary goal is to earn money, get good connections to important people, get advertisement deals etc... this is the place to go.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Here's my speculation: Jerry told McCarthy that if he is to become the Cowboys head coach, he must, among other things like let Jerry speak for the team, take Kellen Moore as offensive coordinator. McCarthy, so desperate to get back into the league, accepts Jerry's conditions.

McCarthy plays it off like he's in agreement with Jerry's request, heaps praise on Moore.

Moore of the same: predictable routes, unimaginative play-calling, abandoning what works, etc.

Wash, rinse, dry, repeat. :(

blueblood70

Reaction score
It all started off with this, from the Cowboys press conference, when they hired Mike McCarthy:

It is clear that McCarthy hyped himself up as a "changed man" and an analytics guru, when his past tells us otherwise. He tells us he watched a ton of game film, then admitted he doesn't. Aaron Rodgers seems to think he's got a low football IQ.

The one thing McCarthy is good at is designing and calling offensive plays. What does he do when he gets here? He keeps the old offense and Kellen Moore. What happened on Sunday? It looked like the same old, same old.

I can't point to a single thing that happened on Sunday that I think Mike McCarthy improved. That's a huge problem, IMO. It looks pretty clear that McCarthy didn't want to put in the work of being the playcaller and just came here for one last cash grab. Jerry bought it, hook line and sinker.
you are a Fraud!

Mr_Slicky

Reaction score
I think the Jones told him KM was staying and that was non-negotiable. MM has to wait for KM to stink it up before he takes over.

RS12

Reaction score
I say Kellen Moore is the fraud.
Yeah but Jerry thinks he is McVay and Shanahan all rolled into one. I seriously doubt if McCarthy watched film for a year like he said he did that he was particularly impressed with what he saw.

dckid

Reaction score
I thought the kick was stupid, but the run doesn't matter all that much if you know you're going to go for it on 4th. Better to have 4th and 3 than 4th and 6...
How about try to score on 3rd and 6 and 4th and 3 or 6?

dckid

Reaction score
Oh ok then I'm sure nobody thought " let's just score touchdowns."
Honestly I think we are just arguing semantics here. Bottom line is there is a lot of room for improvement and honestly I hate to say we got a bit out coached. The team has to play better. I feel as though we always depend on making big plays, sometimes its ok to just move down the field... Get first downs...
Having said that above, I think McCarthy is a much stronger coach than old red head, I think the majority of the games the Boys will be even or at a coaching advantage.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
i am not sure about him being a fraud but he is not what i thought he would be looked to me like garrett was still the head coach kinda looked like the last ten or so years of cowboy football to me

Hadenough

Reaction score
How does MM implement a new WCO in an already established team without any off season? Its the wise choice to keep the majority of last years offense.
Wrong! You have to tweak the offense because Dak wasn't scoring against decent teams. I didn't like the 4th down call with Dak throwing. He already has trouble converting 3rd downs when putting the ball in the air. The smart play would have been to kick the field goal and tie the game. The defense was slowing the Rams down in the second half.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Give the man a chance. I think it was a bonehead move on 4th and 3 but I get his reasoning behind it. However, it backfired and now he needs to instill confidence in a wounded team.

Just be glad we got McC instead of Rivera because he's fighting cancer and had to get an IV at halftime. Even posters here couldn't hate on him and what's the fun in that? We've already got this thread and the Fire Kellen one going but it took until Wednesday to get these up, I am very disappointed in some posters here. These should have been up by Sunday night, no later than 5 minutes after the game.

One thing we need to consider with McC and Nolan, neither had the opportunity to install their system they wanted in this off season. That look like the McC offense you were used to seeing in GB?

As far as Moore is concerned, he was released and allowed to go about his life and had the offer to OC at UWA and was taking that job until McC asked him to come back. I do not think that was provisional to McC getting the job.

Now, did McC bend over to get his job? Could have, he wanted back in but word out was he could have had the NYG job and he did something in that 12 hour interview to convince Booger to call off the search and offer him the job and I don't think that was "hey, I'll keep Kellen around and even give that weird looking kid I've seen in your suite during games a job".

I wanted Garrett gone and McC was one of my two preferences, I should give him at least one more game, donchyathink?

Status
Not open for further replies.