McCarthy is a fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Starting to buy into karma. Jerry needs to get right!

Edit- read that as referring to DAL- Poe, McCoy and Dix....
Tell ya what, I do not recall any team striking gold like the Packers did with signing Preston and Zadarius Smith. They contributed right from the get go and are more responsible for them making the NFCCG than Rodgers was. They were a handful all year.

aria

Reaction score
i mean geesh..one game lol can we at least give it til halftime of this week lmao!!
No, no we can’t. Watch the live game thread, first time we’re down by a TD the season will be declared over, we should fire everyone and start purposefully tanking.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Tell ya what, I do not recall any team striking gold like the Packers did with signing Preston and Zadarius Smith. They contributed right from the get go and are more responsible for them making the NFCCG than Rodgers was. They were a handful all year.
Well I'm sure their GM wasnt busy booking concerts in their stayjum.

Then again it's better when ours IS.

That's at least part of it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It all started off with this, from the Cowboys press conference, when they hired Mike McCarthy:

It is clear that McCarthy hyped himself up as a "changed man" and an analytics guru, when his past tells us otherwise. He tells us he watched a ton of game film, then admitted he doesn't. Aaron Rodgers seems to think he's got a low football IQ.

The one thing McCarthy is good at is designing and calling offensive plays. What does he do when he gets here? He keeps the old offense and Kellen Moore. What happened on Sunday? It looked like the same old, same old.

I can't point to a single thing that happened on Sunday that I think Mike McCarthy improved. That's a huge problem, IMO. It looks pretty clear that McCarthy didn't want to put in the work of being the playcaller and just came here for one last cash grab. Jerry bought it, hook line and sinker.
You quit easy huh.

jnday

Reaction score
It all started off with this, from the Cowboys press conference, when they hired Mike McCarthy:

It is clear that McCarthy hyped himself up as a "changed man" and an analytics guru, when his past tells us otherwise. He tells us he watched a ton of game film, then admitted he doesn't. Aaron Rodgers seems to think he's got a low football IQ.

The one thing McCarthy is good at is designing and calling offensive plays. What does he do when he gets here? He keeps the old offense and Kellen Moore. What happened on Sunday? It looked like the same old, same old.

I can't point to a single thing that happened on Sunday that I think Mike McCarthy improved. That's a huge problem, IMO. It looks pretty clear that McCarthy didn't want to put in the work of being the playcaller and just came here for one last cash grab. Jerry bought it, hook line and sinker.
McCarthy’s offense had become stale in GB and he was lazy. I never understood why some fans thought he was going to be the savior for this team. It won’t be long before he skips team activities so that he can get a massage like he did in GB.

fivetwos

Reaction score

That's a sobering take, but right on.

Awful.

kumizi

Reaction score
He said what he needed to in order to get hired. All the dummies ate it up.

Like I said at the time, you can judge Mike McCarthy based on his actions over 13 years as a head coach or you can judge him based on his words in a couple of interviews while he was unemployed.

But this is the same fanbase that thought not having any good wide receivers was a GOOD THING because it would force the QB to spread the ball around.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
And when they beat Atlanta. Everything will be back to normal in here. And the sky won't be falling.

tenor.gif

NickZepp

Reaction score
I say Kellen Moore is the fraud.
The offense isn't the problem really outside of turnovers early on. Defense can't make a stop and stupid fake punt calls at bad times. Why not just go for it on 4th and 5 instead of a fake punt to a DB?

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I wish I didn't see this thread because I see it. It's all I see. There is no identity. Nothing he brings. Doesn't want to make calls, doesn't want to throw challenges he would easily win, awful choices. Just a terrible start for him.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
Lincoln Riley should have been hired. Jerry was too scared to go young & innovative so now he’s getting more of the same.

Honestly would he realistically consider firing McCarthy if they lose to the Browns to start 0-4?

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I wish I didn't see this thread because I see it. It's all I see. There is no identity. Nothing he brings. Doesn't want to make calls, doesn't want to throw challenges he would easily win, awful choices. Just a terrible start for him.

He came here to eat BBQ and win football games. Too bad there's a lot of BBQ in this state.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Lincoln Riley should have been hired. Jerry was too scared to go young & innovative so now he’s getting more of the same.

Honestly would he realistically consider firing McCarthy if they lose to the Browns to start 0-4?

McCarthy isn't getting fired after 4 games. But my lukewarm feelings about his hiring are coming to fruition.

His in-game decisions have been laughable.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
McCarthy isn't getting fired after 4 games. But my lukewarm feelings about his hiring are coming to fruition.

His in-game decisions have been laughable.

That low football IQ Rodgers was talking about.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That low football IQ Rodgers was talking about.

More evidence emerges as he goes for two too soon and it remains a two score game. An extra point makes it one score and keeps you in it. :facepalm:

Down 9 late the game is now over.

Status
Not open for further replies.