McCarthy is now a lame duck

snadler

Reaction score
MM is already on the hot seat and rightfully so for that embarrassment, but not if but when the same mistakes from poor clock management and lack of discipline cost the boys any game next season the news will be about Payton. So as I’ve posted before, keeping MM is already wasting next season.. there’s no point in waiting

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Whether it is legit or not Mike McCarthy is now a lame duck with Payton available.

It’s going to hang over this franchises head until the day Sean Payton accepts another job.

This is awful for our 2022 season and I think will be bad for this franchise going forward.

Also, how on earth are we just now finding out about almost getting Payton in 2019.. Dallas media needs to do their job.
I would love to know more, this is just hitting my attention, and who listens to local media?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Seems like he has been a lame duck for the beginning with Jerry deciding to keep Moore and the current offense.
I dont have to tell you that Jerry always wants to invent the next brainchild.
I believe Jerry had a fascination with the Frankenstein movie when growing up, he always envisioned himself as the DR Victor.
You succeeded Jerry, congrat6?s,, You built your Frankenstein.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
"Lame duck" means a coach on the way out. Not a coach coaching for his job the next season.

If he wins in 2022 he'll be the coach in 2023.

Non issue.

Yep and since he almost got fired this season anything less than an nfc championship appearance he’s out after this year.

Nfl head coaches get payed a lot of money. Nobody should feel bad for MM if he is “coaching for his job”.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Or he knows he is coaching for his life....I got no problem with that. He says he's going to clean up the penalties...the undiscipline...let's see him keep his word.
Of course, he would offer to clean up the penalties, the undisciplined ways.
Was he to say otherwise?

Malhavoc

Reaction score
Yep and since he almost got fired this season anything less than an nfc championship appearance he’s out after this year.

Nfl head coaches get payed a lot of money. Nobody should feel bad for MM if he is “coaching for his job”.
Spot on. If the pressure of having to win is too much for him he should step down. Otherwise take your money and prove everyone wrong. This should not be a surprise. He knew the bar was set high. Getting to the playoffs in our crap division was never going to be enough. Game on.

flyinghorse

Reaction score
Peyton is gonna do the TV thing….Big $$$ cushy job….Why would he want to work for Jerry?? Jerry would never give Sean the amount of control he would want….Sean isn’t coming to Dallas this year or next year or any year after. That’s a pipe dream.

Blackrain

Reaction score

It could bring out the best in him

offlimits

Reaction score
Or he knows he is coaching for his life....I got no problem with that. He says he's going to clean up the penalties...the undiscipline...let's see him keep his word.

Agree. Maybe the eventuality will light a fire under his a**. Like ALL NFL coaches... he has an ego.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Whether it is legit or not Mike McCarthy is now a lame duck with Payton available.

It’s going to hang over this franchises head until the day Sean Payton accepts another job.

This is awful for our 2022 season and I think will be bad for this franchise going forward.

Also, how on earth are we just now finding out about almost getting Payton in 2019.. Dallas media needs to do their job.
Let me guess……you think the cowboys are doomed to mediocrity for the next 10 years?

you last laughable prediction was dead wrong the first year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
"Lame duck" means a coach on the way out. Not a coach coaching for his job the next season.

If he wins in 2022 he'll be the coach in 2023.

Non issue.
Lol…….he uses terms he doesn’t even understand like lame duck or system qb. Lol

hilarious to witness

offlimits

Reaction score
Thank you for that irrelevant opinion to the topic.

Unless Jerry Jones intends to fire Mike McCarthy after next season regardless of the results on the field he is not a lame duck.

A coach on the hot seat? Yes. A coach with a lot of pressure on him? Sure. A lame duck coach? No. He has a route to coach beyond 2022.

Spot on. As I posted earlier... you don't think that MM has an ego?

McKDaddy

Reaction score

If he had done his job better, he wouldn't have to look over his shoulder. Had he made great decisions I doubt anyone is considering a move. Hard for me to feel too sorry for him when I saw no improvement in the team's mistakes or his own during the year.

Zman5

Reaction score
Jerry doesn't need to do or say anything to the public. That'll only validate the BS made up by the media and the fans.
I would think the Packers and the Titans should be as disappointed if not more. Yet, I don't see anybody in the media bashing their head coaches and speculating there should be a change.

As for potential team distraction, if there's any, he can address it behind doors. He doesn't need to or should validate this BS.