McCarthy needs to choose his DC

75boyz

Reaction score
Mike Zimmer not coming to Dallas . Didn’t MM pluck Mike Nolan off the couch as his first Dallas DC ?

:facepalm:
EXACTLY, lol

McCarthy does not have the best track record of defensive postseason success dating back to GB.
Take away the SB year and McCarthy postseason defenses suck balls.
Add in the Nolan choice here and I'm not sure this overpaid playcaller masquerading as a HC has a clue in how to choose the right DC.

I mean he can't even figure out how to effectively run the ball or reduce stupid penalties.

But if you're just talking let him choose his guy so that there will be absolutely no excuses as to why he should not be fired then I can see it from that angle.

Last edited:

DuncanIso

Reaction score
EXACTLY, lol

McCarthy does not have the best track record of defensive postseason success dating back to GB.
Take away the SB year and McCarthy postseason defenses suck balls.
Add in the Nolan choice here and I'm not sure this overpaid playcaller masquerading as a HC has a clue in how to choose the right DC.

I mean he can't even figure out how to effectively run the ball or reduce stupid penalties.

But if you're just talking let him choose his guy so that there will be absolutely no excuses as to why he should not be fired then I can see it from that angle.
Truth.

Jerry doesn’t care what Big Mike thinks.

Look at how they did the Lance trade.

Big Mike didn’t even know. Or Dak.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
Just give McCarthy his walking papers now, and start over. The 2024 season is going to be a disaster for the Boys with all the coaches on a one year contract. No good assistant is going to want to come in here on a one year deal.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If you want accountability, this is where it starts. This could possibly be McCarthys last year in Dallas. It's only fair that he gets to choose his DC. That way there's no excuses and his DC understands this could only be a one deal if he fails. But the DC should also, within reason, be able to choose his own players.
I would normally agree, but he hired Mike Nolan who was an absolute disaster.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
This defense is no where near too talented lmao
Are you kidding me? We have two all-pro corners, one of the best pass rushers in the league and Lawrence is still a great player. Osa is a good DT. There are some nice players at safety, and Overshown showed promise in camp before he got hurt. The defense has flaws that can be corrected in the offseason. They finished top 5. It takes talent to pull that off.

shabazz

Reaction score
Why wouldn't it surprise me if Quinn lands a DC before we do.....this organization moves like mollases.

Slow, methodical and predictable. It has to be someone that falls in line and doesn't steal any of Jerry's spotlight.... just like McCarthy

EenonyMoose

Reaction score
If you want accountability, this is where it starts. This could possibly be McCarthys last year in Dallas. It's only fair that he gets to choose his DC. That way there's no excuses and his DC understands this could only be a one deal if he fails. But the DC should also, within reason, be able to choose his own players.
He did choose his DC, and Jerry insisted on a coaching search so now his DC choice is headed to... well, DC.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I'm not disagreeing with anyone here that McCarthy was already given the opportunity to pick his own DC, and failed miserably. All l'm saying is give the guy all the rope he needs. If he hangs himself, so be it.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
McCarthy will be walking a tightrope in 2024, so whomever he picks had better be good. It won't be Nolan -- that's for certain. That would only serve as another disaster in a year he needs to succeed the most. I wouldn't be too surprised if Jerry appointed someone that he feels should succeed Big Mike in case he's finally set free. In any event, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to be in McCarthy's shoes for the upcoming season. Yikes!

Last edited:

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This sure feels an all time dog €~> year coming up. Because jerry's to cheap and too mentally fragile to be in the harbaugh sweepstakes.

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
I don't want MM coaching this team, much less picking a buddy who we might get stuck with after MM goes back to the barn after next season.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
There were some good coaches out there, but old perv didn't want to have to pay fat Mike for doing nothing. It is what it is. Jerry loves you guys. Support the team and players, jerry loves you.