Twitter: McCarthy on letting the clock run down to :03

Rayman70

Reaction score
We really don't expect perfection from Dak, or any QB, do we? Other QB's also miss passes. It just goes with the position.. That's why you don't judge by one play, but rather by the overall performance.

Dak has his shortcomings, but he played well in this game.
Daks QBR is like what top 5 right now in the league. Pretty great. Yet he gets dissed by the TV experts all the time and its a Jerry thing I think. They luv to hate on Jerry but they use Dak as a proxy to do it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We really don't expect perfection from Dak, or any QB, do we? Other QB's also miss passes. It just goes with the position.. That's why you don't judge by one play, but rather by the overall performance.

1000%. Agree

Rayman70

Reaction score

I even saw Mahomes miss passes for scores and its crickets. Dak does it and its the weekly topic on TV for a week. Crazy unfair standards.

plasticman

Reaction score
Typical Jerry

It's easy to be a risk taker when it not your butt.

Not that I disagree. I just don't think it's very good for the team's moral for a GM to make that statement public. I'm glad Jerry never selected a career involving diplomacy.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I even saw Mahomes miss passes for scores and its crickets. Dak does it and its the weekly topic on TV for a week. Crazy unfair standards.
The diff is no one cares what Mahomes and the Chiefs do.
It is always a lot of falderal as to what Dak does or does not in our house.
Dak does need less pressure and to keep doing what works.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I didn’t like the call but we won by 3 points so the any criticism is pointless, we could of fumbled a pick anything could of happened in theory so by winning by 3 it seems he made the correct decision
correct. MM saw what we did. The game was sloppy by both teams and he just wanted to get points of any kind at that time.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
If he took a sack in the redzone that would not kick you out of field goal range.........
........unless he fumbled or threw an interception. Oh wait, the Cowboys never do crazy weird things like that,
what was I thinking?? :laugh:
A little earlier, remember us going for the 1st down on 4th down and what, 4th and 4 or 4th and 6 or whatever? He was within FG distance and should've taken the FG to gain the lead before the half and guess what happened, they didn't make it!
So after failing to make the 1st down once already, he didn't want to take another chance of failing to take the lead before the halftime.

Last edited:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
correct. MM saw what we did. The game was sloppy by both teams and he just wanted to get points of any kind at that time.
Exactly. But then sometimes on CZ, you can't win even when you do win. :laugh:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mike had no faith that the offense knew what to do with 8 seconds left and 2 time outs. It's like they don't practice situational football and he has zero confidence in the players. The ineptitude of coaching on the offensive side of the ball blows my mind.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I mean that's high school level. You know you have 8 seconds......your clock in your head should say you got 2 or 3 seconds to find someone then throw it away.
Dak was sacked 5 times in that game, because he refused to throw it away. He took the sack 5 times and lost the yards.
Dak seldom throws it away. Not smart.

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak was sacked 5 times in that game, because he refused to throw it away. He took the sack 5 times and lost the yards.
Dak seldom throws it away. Not smart.
I've said earlier that you take the good with the bad. Burrow and Allen rarely throw it away too. Like I brought up earlier....the Pollard play doesn't happen if he throws it away with the blocking broke down.