Twitter: McCarthy on letting the clock run down to :03

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The clock miss was earlier on no TO after the MG catch, with the way our O-line was playing you dont take the chance of 0 points at that point.. you take the 3 and it ended up being the right call...

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't like playing scared, andhis comments do not show a lot of trust in his team, but if that is what you were thinking then why the tush push earlier on 4th down? Why not take the points there?

And btw, throw that play in the garbage. If you were paying attention our OL was not pushing anybody anywhere. It was doomed to fail.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I don't like playing scared, andhis comments do not show a lot of trust in his team, but if that is what you were thinking then why the tush push earlier on 4th down? Why not take the points there?

And btw, throw that play in the garbage. If you were paying attention our OL was not pushing anybody anywhere. It was doomed to fail.
Its his job to be a coach though. I get so tired of analytics playing a part in the game. Its like coaches aren't coaching no more. Gauge your team. You see how they are playing. They are getting penalties. Get points. It worked. It may not work every time but it worked that game and he honestly should be commended for it.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Cowboys' Jerry Jones disagrees with Mike McCarthy's clock management during the win over the Chargers
Jones wanted more aggressiveness from his head coach

DandyDon52

Reaction score
the chargers gave up 3 point when they went for it and failed. I thought that was stupid, kick the fg and tie the game!
They wound up losing by 3.

The thing is neither mike nor kellen or their HC had a great game lol, it was like 2 losers playing each other, and one will win.

Rayman70

Reaction score
MM did right, was planned, and we won the ball game. Are fans ever happy? Turn the page. That was a great team we beat and shutting down Ekeler wasnt an easy thing. Are we complaining about MM if MG catches the pass for a TD? MM made that call. Just be glad we have him as our HC instead of Staley or Siriani. Both those coaches cost their teams wins, but no one wants to talk about that. our big issue is the offensive line. We fix that, and clean up the flags, we are an elite team.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Cowboys' Jerry Jones disagrees with Mike McCarthy's clock management during the win over the Chargers
Jones wanted more aggressiveness from his head coach
yeah well, if MG catches the ball we win by 2 scores at least.Then Jerry isn't even talking like that. Sometimes u do what ya gotta do to get a win , especially given how sloppy the game was going.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
yeah well, if MG catches the ball we win by 2 scores at least.Then Jerry isn't even talking like that. Sometimes u do what ya gotta do to get a win , especially given how sloppy the game was going.
oh yeah, Jerry just likes talking. It bothers me none

Rayman70

Reaction score
what about the Dak pass where he barely overthrew pollard for a td on a long wheel route? If that play is properly executed by Dak, we win by 3 scores. The play calling was never an issue, but execution IS. Now I think Dak will be better as the line play gets better. I think Dak will settle in after this.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
what about the Dak pass where he barely overthrew pollard for a td on a long wheel route? If that play is properly executed by Dak, we win by 3 scores. The play calling was never an issue, but execution IS. Now I think Dak will be better as the line play gets better. I think Dak will settle in after this.
I think Dak put that where he was suppose to. Pollard just got held up just enough from contact to slow him down.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We won the game in a gutsy performance by the team.
And this is what seems like many want to rag on.

Rayman70

Reaction score
We won the game in a gutsy performance by the team.
And this is what seems like many want to rag on.
Amen. TRUTH^. Wins like these that test our metal are vital later. Sometimes u grind out wins like this and MM did whatever he needed. If we execute the calls, we win this game going away. 2 dropped td's. One by Pollard could have been a better pass. Execution is what we must fix. Not the calls. 1 thing that we must fix is the run game. The lineman and RB situation is fixable, and I think we need 2 get healthy 2 gel. I think we will add a RB 2 the fold during the bye. Remember we added a LB Evans and hes a high level guy, just 26 I think. Has a ton of production.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We really don't expect perfection from Dak, or any QB, do we? Other QB's also miss passes. It just goes with the position.. That's why you don't judge by one play, but rather by the overall performance.

Dak has his shortcomings, but he played well in this game.

Last edited:

Rayman70

Reaction score
When the Ravens win games in the manner John Harbaugh often does, the media praises them on a great effort, gritty. When Dallas does it, its Katy bar the door because we didn't win it by more points. See the double standard? Its ridiculous and sickening. It must end. Its unhealthy and we must learn to be happy after a win. I feel bad for MM. Nothing he ever does is enuff. All he does is win year after year. Its up to the players to execute it. Hes doing his job. Dude is a SB winning HC and assistant/coord prior to that.

Rayman70

Reaction score
So, perfection is expected of Dak? Other QB's don't also miss passes?

You don't judge by one play, you judge by the overall performance.

Dak has his shortcomings, but he played well in this game.
wait, u think Im ridiculing him? . No, not at all..Im just saying IF. He had a great game. My point wasn't about Dak, it was about the bigger picture,which is MM did his job calling decent calls. Dak was fine. Im not one f these haters that say dumb stuff because they hate Dak no matter. We are lucky to have him. He outplayed Herbert 2 times now. Thats a fact. Then Idiots like Richard Sherman continue to say Herbert is better,despite what Dak does. Im with u.