Twitter: McCarthy on Running Back by Committee

blueblood70

Reaction score

hey Mike!

let me explain something to you situational football and running back by committee would be choosing the right running back for the right play call,

so he could be the most successful !!!

not how many snaps you give to each player because you had it backwards last year Rico should have got Tony's plays and Tony should have got rico's plays, Vaugn/Turp used more getting some motion behid the LOS plays etc

I don't care how you divide up the snaps, you need to put them in better position and the fact that you didn't use Turpin enough, I don't know the fact that you left Vaughn on the bench and when you brought him in to do clean up you ran him right into the teeth of the defense literally you need to do better Mike..

that's it I do believe we're gonna be OK to run game, I think the more physical offensive line it is a new identity I think they're going to open a few more holes they're not going to get pushed back into the backfield because a lot of times that the snap can't Steele and TylerB we're having their men just basically live in our backfield.

It's kind of hard to get your backs going with that kind of offensive line that doesn't get much pushed even when they didn't get pushed back they got no push forward it was not a good year for the run game as far as the offensive line goes and the way Mike McCarthy did his situational use of his running backs..

Hey, I'm an amateur this is my opinion I'm a keyboard hero but that's what I saw last year it was his problem he was worse than Kellen Moore...

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how many RBs will see rotate in the game. 3 or 8, what is this committee exactly since Cook is technically on the practice squad.

starfan1

Reaction score
Im gonna just take a wait and see approach. I remember in 15 when Dmac was here and many thought he was washed and he did OK. Id take this. and that was with mostly scrubs at QB Cassell, Weeden and Moore played 12 of the games.
GPCARYDSAVGTDLNGFDFUMLST

blueblood70

Reaction score
Next year, the Cowboys need to go RB on day 2 of the draft no matter what.
Correct and they will this is reminding me of 2015 they went moved on from Murray they thought we had an offensive line that any running back can run behind,

so, they went out and got Darren McFadden and "some" dudes behind him and it was a pretty good until Romo went down and that was it for that year so who knows how it really was going to look,

but I think they're doing that right now they have to fill so many holes every year and this is the route they went and I don't blame them I think we're going to be fine but it reminds me of 2015 transitioning from 14 they're going to get all the running back money off the books and they're going to get this offensive line in tip top shape and then next year they will draft one of the better running backs in the league because they always do just because there's gaps in doing so doesn't mean they won't.....

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how many RBs will see rotate in the game. 3 or 8, what is this committee exactly since Cook is technically on the practice squad.
First of all saying 8 is just another ridiculous response from another ridiculous fan base they will use 2 most games maybe 3 if Vaughn gets a good opportunity for gameplan, plus possibly a full back but i believe Zeke can be good FB/RB on many 2 back sets and do soem damage that way..

They're not bringing, in my opinion, unless there's an injury, you're not going to see Elliot and Dalvin cook on the field much together, they're probably not going to be active much together that's an insurance policy... This offensive line is gonna be improved in the run game I think they're more physical and I believe it's gonna be better than last year just by default addition by subtraction...

But you can keep the sarcasm oh yeah 8 blah blah blah when the last time Elliott , Murray, or any of the other really good backs that we've had here take us to a Super Bowl when's the last time a top five big name running back in the league won a Super Bowl for his team like was on the winning side cause right now running back by committee been working for Kansas City they have a 7th rounder starting for them there were some guys like acres that was on the Rams team the best running backs were not wearing the hardware I mean when's the last time Derrick Henry played in the Super bowl or won a Super Bowl he did not and Christian McCaffrey they gave up draft picks for the guy now they overpaid him and he didn't get them any further than they got when they had the running back by committee I'd say they were getting more out of the three guys they had for less money because most art is a touchdown machine for Miami..

This could work so why don't we give it a chance before everyone's predicting doom and gloom once again...

I'm serious go look at all the names of the top five rushers every year and then try to plug them in and find where they want a Super Bowl ring or they did anything special in the Super bowl whether on the losing team or not because what I've seen is most of the top running backs are not making a difference big enough to carry their team and last I checked..

I remember all the knuckleheads in here that said you don't need to pay a running back a second contract they're a dime a dozen and you get the offensive line fixed most anybody that makes it in the NFL can run behind it and be successful you don't need an elite running back, now the hypocrisy sets in and now you're telling the front office they're stupid for not getting a bigger name like a 30 year old back and Derrick Henry for 8 million now all of a sudden it's pertinent and you should pay an old running back money or they wanted Barkley and and and whoever else was available none of which those guys have been winning anything big for their teams that's a fact...

Yes they need to address running back next year with a young stud and reboot that part but they had to fix some other things this year and now we're going to have to deal with running back by committee and I'm OK with it until I'm not.. we can make our judgments about 5 or 6 games into the season , get a little comfortable and see how this is going to work.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s good having multiple RBs so you don’t have zeke and demarco running for 3 ypc come playoffs. But it’d be nice to multiple RBs with talent than a bunch of fringe nfl players.
sing with tony pollard under 3 ypc inthe payoffs, all these $8-10 mil RBs around the NF not making a big enough impact in big games and not the SB winner!

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s good having multiple RBs so you don’t have zeke and demarco running for 3 ypc come playoffs. But it’d be nice to multiple RBs with talent than a bunch of fringe nfl players.
Pretty hard to get more'n 3 when you have to dodge on the handoff.

'member when everyone was excited about Pollard's speed to the edge compared to Zeke?

Imagine if he had a hole and didn;t have to?

'memeber the days we'd see some linemen up the field a couple yards or so? Looking for someone to pancake?

That would give the RB's more 'n 3.