Twitter: McCarthy on Running Back by Committee

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Let's see what happens, usually when you have a lot of something you have nothing!
Basically. You hope someone starts to stand out and if they don't you have to make a move. There are so many talented young RB2's in the league who could start for us though, you'd think a 4th-7th round pick would get it done for some of these teams.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yeah, I believe he views a quick toss to an RB to be as good as a run. Can't say I disagree. He just has a history of not using the running game as much as other OCs.

I get the feeling this year that our outside running game is going to be mainly done by the receivers on sweeps. I'd expect Lamb and Turpin to end up with a few carries each game.
actually, i want to see lamb have none of those unless the games on the line and need something to happen.. he just got a LTD needs to be here needs to ease in and for sure play all 17..thats Turin and Vaugns expertise utilize your damn weapons CD go get his catches but not as many and for sure no more RB plays. Sorry, its not necessary. Its why MM drove me crazy last year..

he didn't utilize the running backs properly didn't utilize turpin etc didn't truly get Vaugn involved with intent.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Just listened to a few YouTube shows and they are all pumping up Dowdle. I must be blind because I just saw a JAG last season that should have been replaced this season. I trust old Zeke and old Cooks way more then I would Rico.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
actually, i want to see lamb have none of those unless the games on the line and need something to happen.. he just got a LTD needs to be here needs to ease in and for sure play all 17..thats Turin and Vaugns expertise utilize your damn weapons CD go get his catches but not as many and for sure no more RB plays. Sorry, its not necessary. Its why MM drove me crazy last year..

he didn't utilize the running backs properly didn't utilize turpin etc didn't truly get Vaugn involved with intent.
Lamb is quite effective on handoffs. I don't want to see that aspect taken away. I do agree on easing him in, though.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
If we have to throw the ball 40+ times, that is an indicator that your team sucks.
those 40 passes can raise fan expectations to see that we have a great leader and show Jerry that he's worth all the SEASON stats he's putting up, only to fall short in the playoffs, dang!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Lamb is quite effective on handoffs. I don't want to see that aspect taken away. I do agree on easing him in, though.
I DO!! 34 M to catch the damn ball move in traffic we have options there,, sorry DV and Turpin EASILY takes those and makes them maybe more effective.. right the fan base maybe we should ju....back on special teams returning punts, lamb just because he can doesn't mean you should do it...

Chasing6

Reaction score
I DO!! 34 M to catch the damn ball move in traffic we have options there,, sorry DV and Turpin EASILY takes those and makes them maybe more effective.. right the fan base maybe we should ju....back on special teams returning punts, lamb just because he can doesn't mean you should do it...
It comes down to predictability.

CD running the ball does not happen frequently and is very effective. If you only bring in Turpin for that play it is extremely predictable.

Last edited:

gimmesix

Reaction score
I don't want to take away anything that makes him a weapon, that's what he's paid to be. That to me is like saying that Deebo Samuel should just catch the ball.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don't want to take away anything that makes him a weapon, that's what he's paid to be. That to me is like saying that Deebo Samuel should just catch the ball.
No he's a hybrid debo Samuels is a big *** ** * ***** the dude can actually play running back he's like Cordell Stewart they have nothing in common with a mostly a slot type receiver in lamb.. Ohh so Deebo Samuels is on a loaded team that can afford to lose a guy for a few games, we are not ..man some of you just don't see that there's differences, wake up there is losing land for any period of time could mess this whole season up..less risk is good loing 17 game seaoisn vs 12, 14, 16.. its time to think before you act.. Just because he can doesn't mean he should,...

Chasing6

Reaction score
No he's a hybrid debo Samuels is a big *** ** * ***** the dude can actually play running back he's like Cordell Stewart they have nothing in common with a mostly a slot type receiver in lamb.. Ohh so Deebo Samuels is on a loaded team that can afford to lose a guy for a few games, we are not ..man some of you just don't see that there's differences, wake up there is losing land for any period of time could mess this whole season up..less risk is good loing 17 game seaoisn vs 12, 14, 16.. its time to think before you act.. Just because he can doesn't mean he should,...
He also added 15 pounds.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I think he should (and will) get a couple of carries a game. We can disagree on that.